Page 1 of 1
Mazda Engine Performance \  B22OO AUTO TRANNY

B22OO AUTO TRANNY

Mazda Engine Performance Mazda Engine Mazda Tech
views 1978
replies 6
following 3

blackhulk   +1y
hey whats up...my auto tranny on an efi engine dont seem to wanna ship up..at 80km its at 3000 rpm...it should kick up another gear to lower the rpm....its a 3 speed with 4th push button...im assuming the overdrive solenoid is broke...the light comes on in the dash to show its on and off but when i turn it off nothing happens...it should drop a gear but doesn't...can they be replaced or a way to test it to make sure it does work?
thanks alot
hocbj23   +1y
Actually ,when the orange "O/D" lite is on,that means the overdrive is locked out so u only have 3 speeds.When the "O/D" lite is not visible, the overdrive is on and u have the 4th speed.On top of the tranny there is a harness with 3 c neutral safety switch connector,the kickdown solenoid connector, and the overdrive cancel connector.Make sure these are clean and free from grease and/or corrosion and are properly connected BEFORE u go to the trouble and expense of replacing the solenoids--they aint cheap.Lol.There is a kickdown switch behind the accelerator linkage. Be sure it is it is properly adjusted--the switch should just touch the stopper on the firewall when the throttle is fully depressed. You can also check that switch with an ommeter to be sure it is good. Hope this helps and Good luck.bj
blackhulk   +1y
thanks man i will look at it tomorrow after work
mazdadropped   +1y

How do u clean it with out wrecking it ?? i noticed i need to do that ,mise well do it every where
hocbj23   +1y
I put mine on a lift,used a good light and a mirror and figured out there was a harness holder that I could remove that holds all three connectors in place.With the holder removed,there is just enough slack in the wiring to slide the wires to the drivers side of the tranny where they can be reached.I unplugged the harnesses and cleaned the prongs with spray electrical contact cleaner and fastened them back together and reattached the harness holder. PITA job--u might just have one of the harnesses unplugged and can just reattach it and be good to go.If ur going to drop the tranny u have to detach the harnesses anyway so it can be done.U may be able to reach them by removing the trim plate and housing around the shift lever-I didnt try that however.bj
blackhulk   +1y
hey i seen that on a carbed b2200 with an auto tranny they are 4 wire plugs...two white and two black...but on my efi b2200 with an auto tranny are only two white plugs...is this normal...what are the other wires for on the carbed b2200....thanks
blackhulk   +1y
hey so the problem was the kickdown switch by the gas pedal....the switch was so old it would stay on when the gas pedal was pressed down...so she runs fine and shifts fine...next i have to replace the rear tranny seal were the drive shaft entres the tranny...
Page 1 of 1