threads
Page 1 of 1
Mazda Engine Performance \  Ford 2bbl carb info.........cfm ratings.

Ford 2bbl carb info.........cfm ratings.

Mazda Engine Performance Mazda Engine Mazda Tech
views 1929
replies 5
following 4

mtrain   +1y
I thought this might be helpful to those who might want to go cheap. All I can see that will have to be done is a adapter plate that you would have to do anyway with a Weber, however the air cleaner would be easily found at the local autoparts store.

These following numbers are for Motorcraft/Autolite carbs. This number can be found on the side of the float bowl, right behind the accelerator pump rod, inside of a circle. The number on the right corresponds with the cfm rating on the left. Thanks to chas1234 for these numbers. The first numbers are the venturi size, the second is the corresponding cfm.
These numbers are for 2BBL carbs only.

Number = CFM
.98 = 190
1.01 = 240
1.02 = 245
1.08 = 287
1.14 = 300
1.21 = 351
1.23 = 356
1.33 = 424
baha   +1y
Thank you for sharing this info!
mtrain   +1y
Might be a good sticky for those looking for a carb on a budget as these carbs were used on just about everything. Its just hard to know which one is right unless you have the info posted above...
briankmizell   +1y
I am going to put the Motorcraft/Autolite 2100 on my B2200.

I am most certain the 2.2L flows 200 - 210 CFM in stock form. I have done some port matching on the intake and exhaust sides, and I have a pacesetter header.

So I am thinking the Carb with the 1.01 Venturi size (240 CFM) will be just about right.

My son has access to a mig welder that is set up to weld aluminum at his school

I bought a 1" spacer that I will do some port matching to make it blend into the intake, then have my son weld it on.

I think I will be able to use an 80's model Ford accelerator cable for it, I will have to get that set up once the intake is welded and the carb is mounted.

It may be a while, but I'll try to post some pics of the work.
briankmizell   +1y
I got the intake welded a few weeks ago, spent some time here and there, grinding welds and filling voids with JB Weld (just to be sure there are no vacuum leaks). I got some other things wired up and tried to fire it up the other night.

It will try to start but only after pumping it about 5 or 6 times. It only runs a second or two. I thought something in the carb was clogged, (such as the Venturi assembly) but after taking the carb off and checking that and the jets, everything was clear.

When I rebuilt it, I soaked it in B12 Chemitool cleaner for two days, then blew every hole I could find on it with 120 LBS of compressed air.

The bowl is getting fuel, I am clueless at this moment as to what it could be.

Any ideas as to what you think it could be?
90-b22dawg [andrew]   +1y
not enough fuel delivery to the carb itself?? mechanical fuel pump i assume?
Page 1 of 1