threads
Page 1 of 1
Mazda Engine Performance \  90 1.6 miata engine questions..NEED Help!!!!!!!!

90 1.6 miata engine questions..NEED Help!!!!!!!!

Mazda Engine Performance Mazda Engine Mazda Tech
views 1325
replies 6
following 6

mazdalover   +1y
I saw a 90 1.6 miata engine for $150 and i was wondering if a 88 b2200 carbetor intake be bolted onto the engine...if anyone knows can u help a me out
Post was last edited on Apr 16, 2011 04:04. This post has been edited 1 times.
charlesskelter   +1y
Why would you want to carb the 1.6? Kill asl the power it has. That cheap I'd buy it and start hitting all the local junk yards and find one to pull the entire harness out of. , don't forget the trans and an rx7 rear to round it out. Then just drill the front hubs for 5 lug.
mazdalover   +1y

thats the problem i called every local junkyards and they dont have it i just wanted to know if i could carb it with the 2.2 intake or the older 1.6 intake out of a 323 so i can get my mazda back on the road for mean while till i can find the harness
mazdalowandslow   +1y
no the carb wont bolt up. There is a ton of info on the mx5 bp motor online. ebay has wire harness's and ecu's,you will need to adapt the truck tranny to the mx5 motor, but i would just suggest getting the mx5 tranny also. you will love the gearing and the mileage.
slowmomiata   +1y
you have the b61p engine and no one carbs them simply because these little engines are as crude as carbed, your best bet if you want to run this engine in your truck would be to find a used ecu, engine&car side harness, afm (or one out of an S4 na rx7), 1.6 or 1.8 tranny (1.8 clutch swap to 1.6 engine is a good idea), and alot of electrical tape.

all in all i dont see this as a good idea because of all the work and fab, there is only one car i see the b6 shining in and thats in the miatas they came in, no offense if you want a torqueless high revving engine in your truck go for it to each their own, good luck
dmills313   +1y
I agree with slowmomiata. I have a 97 miata with a 1.8 2nd generation engine, it makes about 110hp to the wheels, with less than 100 ft lbs of torque to the wheels in a miata...with the heavier driveline of the truck, youll make about 85-90 ft lbs to the wheels, thats with the 1.8L...the 1.6 is a great engine, but unless its used in something lightweight, or heavily modified(strong emphasis on the "heavily" part) its not worth the swap. You'll make more power, but you will lose alot more torque..and with the weight of the truck, that 1.6 will strain very hard to move it lol.
anguswilly   +1y
Agreed, the smallest engine I would consider would be the 2.0 FE3 - that is even easier to swap than a BP motor...
Page 1 of 1