Mazda Engine Performance \  performance b2600

performance b2600

Mazda Engine Performance Mazda Engine Mazda Tech
views 6426
replies 8
following 7

body   +1y
hey guys
haveing a good look on the interweb i really am strugling to find anyone that has done performance mods to the g6 motors (2600i in the states i think the call em?).
i was just wondering if anyone on hear has gave it a crack, i now simple stuff like exhaust systems and different intakes are out their but nothing on pistons , cams or even turbo setups.
do people hate this motor that much lol.

be happy to see what you guys have come up with
modplant   +1y
I think only the basic add ons exist. Depending on your fabrication skills you could try to hook up a turbo system but it would probably be cheaper to swap in a v8.
91extcab   +1y
I have a G6 and i love it.... its got far more power than my 2.2 ever had, and waaaay more than cortnye's b2k.... i have heard a lot of people talk ill of the G6... but i personally love it more than any of the other b series engines i've been able to drive (81 b2k, 89 b22, 91 b26i, and recently cort's 87 b2k)... i have searched all over for aftermarket performance parts and i havent been able to come up with anything other than build your own exhaust system, and order up a set of headers for the G6 out of australia.... you could always look into megasquirt as i hear with the 2.6 being fuel injected you can tweak all your settings and tune it for more performance, or better fuel economy.... might be something to look into...
body   +1y
yer i personally love the g6 and i want to do the my best to keep it, making a turbo manifold and bolting a turbio to it is not a problem , im in the process of putting it together now, but im really want to find some parts that can keep up with the turbo so i dont end up with a sump full of goodies.
the main reason im keeping the motor is becduase im building my truck for show and street i want to avoid the clutter from putting a v8 or v6 in it, the g6 cleaned up just looks the part
91extcab   +1y
if you get the dimensions on internals you might be able to find other parts that are close to the same specs as our factory parts and possibly have the crank turned to be able to accept some forged rods or maybe find some lower compression pistons for the boost you plan to add... if that doesnt pan out you could always look into the fe-3/kia swap and turbo that... that might be a little easier...
body   +1y
i did a quick go over in costs and after talks i think it might be alot easier to slot a sr20 in , a standard one will be more than enough power and still not take up to much room
rh1an5   +1y

check that out, 430hp g6
slowmomiata   +1y
i think you should do a custom header and frankensyein some bike itbs on it, that would be sick
critta_inch   +1y
theres not a lot floating around unless you go custom. one of the cheaper and better mods (in australia) is the l67 (supercharged ecotec) conversion. with a few tweaks of one of them you can put out nearly 200 rwkw. there is a company that makes conversion kits for the ecotec motor at
they are about $1500 for the kit and then your looking at upwards of $300 for the engine on ebay ($1000 for a supercharged). as far as reliability goes its a solid conversion.
other than that, everything else is basic or more expensive. just look round and research different engine configurations, sizes, mods, etc and see what others have done even in different vehicles...
hope this helps a bit.
Page 1 of 1