Page 1 of 2
Mazda Adjustable Suspension \  no skate...grr...please help

no skate...grr...please help

Mazda Adjustable Suspension Mazda Suspension Mazda Tech
views 3090
replies 15
following 5

coloradolowlife   +1y
So ive got a quick question...well the answer may not be. I feel really dumb because i cant get my crossmember to lay running a 24.9" tall tire (205/55/16).
Ive flipped my ball joints, pie cut the uppers, their is more travel in the bag available when the lower control arms bottom out. Shocks have a little more travel left as well so i know i dont have issues with those...ball joints are not binding...ive loosened up my uppers when layed out...they were still flexible. So my question is...am i just asking to much running those tires and modded stock parts? really dont want to tear into the lca's and pipe them for more clearance/swing upwards. Do i have any options other then ball joint spacers or drop spindles?

On that note...ide be in the market for either item if thats the only option

oh yeah... 91 b2600i ext cab 2600's up front..working on irs out back
mymmeryloss   +1y
How far are you from laying out? Ive never had a problem laying in the front
coloradolowlife   +1y
about an inch or so
mymmeryloss   +1y
Did u tub the firewall
oonyong   +1y
subbed for firewall tub pics.
coloradolowlife   +1y
I haven't tubbed yet.....that may be an issue....I'll pull the fenders when I get home from this interview I have this morning for a bicycle messenger position
coloradolowlife   +1y
Realized last night that I'm really really close to the same size tire as if I was trying to stuff a 245/30/20.....
robzilla   +1y
245/30/20 are taller than 205/55/16 by almost an inch.

There are guys on here that run that size 20's and are layer out. They use drop spindles in there setup
dealwithit   +1y
when your down can you steer side to side? do you hear rubber on metal from your tire hitting anything?
coloradolowlife   +1y
Looks like I'll be getting drop spindles Saturday if my rims clear