views 3259
replies 22
following 8

mymmeryloss   +1y
Yes your upper bracket looks too long
lowlyfe   +1y
thread post photo

thread post photo

Heres a couple of mine, look at my build log "Dropout" for more pics, i tried to get detailed pics for this very reason. They are slam 7" bags
lowlyfe   +1y
Note that i went too wide on the cutout and yours wont need to be this large... Also keep in mind the pocket does not get centered with the upper control arm mount, i made that mistake which is why it ended up so big but we closed it off so it looked nicer when it was done.
rcogan   +1y
Thanks man
b2600bomber   +1y
thread post photo

Look at the lower control arm mount in this pic I may be wrong but looks like it is moved out closer to the ball joint than what you have going on above... just my two cents and as I said I may be wrong but that's how it looks to me and may solve the problem... just wondering b4 i start mine and hit the same problem
orangemazdab2000   +1y
Yes, this pic is kind of how I did mine on "project green machine". But my lower bag plate actually goes over top of the back 2 balljoint bolts (I did use shorter bolts though). My lower mount is kind of "L" shaped and welded on so that the bottom of the bag plate is over top of the back two lower balljoint bolts. Since the bolts for the balljoint come out the bottom of the arm, removing the lower balljoint with the bag plate above it is no issue.

rcogan   +1y
this is pretty much exactly what mine came out looking like, but the gussets are setup different

the issue is, in the How-To, it is said get bracket as high as possible, AND, all the pictures EXCEPT this one shows upper bracket all but flat with top of frame, and against bottom of whats left of the shock tower..AND NOT NOTCHED FRAME
thats what threw me off

i angled them like i did on my isuzu(like in picture you posted) finished the front in like hour or 2
rcogan   +1y
one more thing, not sure how anyone and everyone with setup like this "secures" the lower part of bag to control arm, but i drilled a hole for a bolt to go thru lower bag plate and top plate of arm, then took a step bit and drilled a hole in the lower plate of arm big enough to get a socket in

so bolt goes thru top plate of lower arm, thru space between arm and plate, thru actual bag mount and into bag, with a spot to get socket on bolt thru lower plate of arm

anyone got a better idea?
mymmeryloss   +1y

Only better idea is aftermarket arms
rcogan   +1y
Aftermarket arms are in the future plans, just right now the arms would be worth more then rest of truck. Lol