help with front bag brackets

Mazda Adjustable Suspension Mazda Suspension Mazda Tech
views 3256
replies 22
following 8

rcogan   +1y
so im feeling pretty dumb right now...
I have put air ride on 2 Isuzu's and a Colorado and few other trucks
but for some reason, the front brackets on the mazda have me scratching my head...
here is what I got:
thread post photo

thread post photo

now I have read about 15 different threads about doing the front...but for some reason I cant get this damn bag to stop folding over like this..i space the front of lower plate, spaced back of lower plate, tried to angle upper bracket up...all seems to do the same thing
thought maybe upper bracket was still to long, but when it collapses like this, it is 1/4" or less from hitting frame, so not sure if that is it, or if bag collapsing more straight will increase clearance
anyone help me out?
having a bad day
mymmeryloss   +1y
U need to cut the frame out and bring the mount in a little
rcogan   +1y
so even with the 2500lb bags you have to notch the frame?
see everywhere I been reading says that you only notch for 2600lb bags

so notch frame and bring in just bottom?
top as well?
or shorten top?
mx_wrench   +1y
I am in the process of doing mine right now with a 2500lb bag. I had to notch into the frame about a inch and a half. Another reason you need to do this is because the uca will hit the bag bracket when aired up if you don't.
lowlyfe   +1y
They are right, just do the notch for a couple of good reasons. Clearance for the upper control arm and more lift at a lower psi since it is closer to the pivot point.
rcogan   +1y
Well shit
Guess I mine as well put 2600 bags in there then

Thanks guys
rcogan   +1y
Any body got some better pictures
I been searching and its a pain in the butt on my phone
mymmeryloss   +1y
I have slam specialties re6's up front.

Isnt there a how to on here for bagging the front?
rcogan   +1y
There is a how-to
Problem is they don't show how to actually place brackets, only 1 out of I think 4-5 pictures are of frame notched and the re7 bag covers 95% of what I'm wanting/needing to see

The how to shows that you don't have to notch the frame for the smaller 2500/re6 bags
That's why I originally asked if upper bracket needs to be shortened more and angled.
mymmeryloss   +1y
Well i tried to upload some pics but either tapatalk sucks today or my phone. Ill try later