Page 1 of 3
Mazda Adjustable Suspension \  need some creative ideas

need some creative ideas

Mazda Adjustable Suspension Mazda Suspension Mazda Tech
views 2512
replies 23
following 5

baddawg253   +1y
hey guys ...the set up i have here is a three link wishbone that i came up with a while ago to allow me to lay frame without hacking the bed or fenderwells...but here recently i snapped a 5/8 hyme in half ! so apperently i still need to adress my side to side axle sway ...the prob is i am VERY limited on space.. i thought of a panhard bar but it would hit my bag brackets...watts link would stick out too far and also hit my bag brackets ...the only thing i could think of is (1) remove the gas tank relocating it in the back of the bed (yuk) and run a traditonal 4 link. or (2) make new lower bars snd solid mount them under the rear end essentully making a traditonal 2 link ....but id still need a panhard ....i dont know im kinda stumped .....whatcha think??????
post photo
baddawg253   +1y
sorry guys pics huge ....ill try to get a better one up
baha   +1y
If you adjusted your link ends so they were parallel or perpendicular with the frame depending on how you look at it, it would solve your binding issue. I remember seeing this before and wondered how long it would last before one of the ends gave lol.
baddawg253   +1y
ya lol i know i NEVER claimed to be a pro fabricator ...this was one of those hey wtf lets try it and see thing ...and it worked good for a while even drove it to oregon with no probs ...but i guess i still have some bugs to work out ...and yes i beleve the rear end is strait ...so everything is good there ...when i broke last i was turning and one of my hymes snapped going up a hill in dt tacoma ...had to get towed home sucked. lol
mymmeryloss   +1y
Im all for triangulated 4 links. Kinda hard to beat imo...
baddawg253   +1y
true ...but my gas tank is still in the stock location and id kinda like it to stay there ...but its looking like i may have to move it
baddawg253   +1y
that huge pic is an old one too btw lol i beefed up the tabs sience
mymmeryloss   +1y
Move the gas tank. Stock tank is ugly and im sure its got a bunch of shit in it...
baddawg253   +1y
lol ya i guess i could then just put a small fuel cell in that loc...
baddawg253   +1y
baha , how much do the arms on a watts link move ?