Page 1 of 3
Mazda Adjustable Suspension \  Time to bag the front

Time to bag the front

Mazda Adjustable Suspension Mazda Suspension Mazda Tech
views 3660
replies 23
following 8

greenguy83   +1y
Alright so I have had all the supplies to bag my front set up for a little over a year now. But finally it's time to head out to the shop and just do it. I have read all the possible forums I could read, and seen all the pictures I need for this event to make sence. See y'all in a couple houple hours, with pics of progress if it goes well.
mazdizzle   +1y
It's not bad my truck was the first one I ever bagged and I just followed the write ups I found on here. Have fun and post pics when you are done
lowlyfe   +1y
If I could offer any advice, just make sure you put the suspension through it's full travel when tacked up before fully welding anything. Even if you have to tack on extra temporary gussets so the bag brackets dont move under the pressure while testing it. Take your time and make sure theres enough clearance all around the bag, try to center the bag with the UCA so it doesnt hit the bag bracket at full lift as well.
greenguy83   +1y
Thanks Lowlyfe for the tips. Much appreciated.
So today wasn't big enough of a day for pics. Just got it all torn down and brackets cut and ground off the upper and lower arms. And played with the brackets figuring out placement.
Should have some exciting pics of tomorrows events.
greenguy83   +1y
Ok here I am sofar. That cutting a grinding takes a while to get it down to frame. Tonight I should be making the filler plate for the lower cross member that I sectioned out.
thread post photo
lowlyfe   +1y
Did you put the arms and spindle back on to make sure you will get enough travel on the lower control arm before you weld the crossmember filler in place? And it was a tedious job cutting and grinding the crap off the frame, luckily I have a torch and cut most of it out that way.
greenguy83   +1y
Ah ha. Lucky. Cut off wheel and grinder is a couple hour job. I was doing one side and my buddy was doing the other. So glad I had help.
I did put the lower arm on and attach the trailing arm, and went through the motion up and down. I still need to notch the lower arm. I would think I should weld the cross member filler on before cutting the lower arm so I can see what all I need to clear. Or do you cut more out of the cross member out then just the frame-flush part?
mazdizzle   +1y
I cut mine about 1/4 inch past the frame, filled it in then cut out the lower control arm
greenguy83   +1y
Thats where I am at sofar. I cut it back the thickness of the bag plate, so when I weld the filler plate in, it will be flush with the frame.
mazdizzle   +1y
I put my filler piece inside the cross member so i still have 1/4 inch from the frame