threads
Page 2 of 2
Mazda Adjustable Suspension \  rear link setup question..

rear link setup question..

Mazda Adjustable Suspension Mazda Suspension Mazda Tech
views 1960
replies 14
following 6

rotten   +1y
i will end up runnin some 17x7 or 7.5.. nothin too crazy
unusualfabrication   +1y
The amount of lift and the length of the panhard bar will determine the amount the axle side shifts. If you limit the amount of lift (bag on axle setup) and make the panhard bar as long as you can you shouldn't get that much shift in the rearend. Also I set the panhard bar up parallel to the ground at half travel. This will split the amount of lateral shift in half. Lets say you get 8" of lift, so you set the panhard parallel at 4" of lift. Now depending on how long your panhard is lets say you get a .500" of lateral shift. From full bump to half travel you'll get a .500" of shift then from half travel to full droop you'll draw the rearend back that .500". The easiest thing to do would be to figure out how much lift you need and just draw it out on the floor. The biggest problem you'll run into with panhard lateral movement is running wheels that barely fit under the bedsides.
rotten   +1y
so after thinkin and doing some homework on the subject. and talkin to couple of the buddies that between us we will be able to make a 3link setup (wishbone) out of a universal 4 link... this of corse if we cant make a 4 link work around the tank.
bagdb2200   +1y
I would opt for the wishbone 3 link. It's hard enough finding wheels that tuck on our trucks without having to account for lateral movement. I wouldn't want to add that into the equation.
rotten   +1y
yeah man, thats really they way im leanin. i just dont wanna move the damn tank. if i can push it foward enough to clear the right upper link bar then cool, if not. 3 link it is.