Page 1 of 2
Mazda Adjustable Suspension \  4link problems :(

4link problems :(

Mazda Adjustable Suspension Mazda Suspension Mazda Tech
views 2291
replies 11
following 7

2low4u87   +1y
so the other night we went to finish my shock mounts on the rearend of my truck and we noticed that the upper bars were loose or moving. and to let you guys know its a 50/50 link setup. so we unbolted the upper bars and they were in a bind bad, it wore out all the bushings in the links. and the bars when we took them off the were about 1/2 to 3/4 off from the mounts. i dont know what to do, any help would be great. thanks
fuknlow25   +1y
what upper bars.....do u have a pic?
2low4u87   +1y
my buddy ordered them for me,
thread post photo
they are chassitec link kit.
lofosho86   +1y
can you make the pic any bigger?
2low4u87   +1y
thread post photo
bigger pic
fuknlow25   +1y
mayb how they are angled off the rear end.. mayb they need to go straight out.... make one tab a lil longer than the other..... the bar isnt goin in an up and down motion... the way its bolted at an angle maybe putting it in a bind and makin it rub
2low4u87   +1y
how do i do that? i didnt install this one so i dont know how to do the 4 link setups. anybody got pics of 50/50 4link setups?
91b2200(cody)   +1y
not sure if this helps but i did a simple google search.

nc4life   +1y
If you can imagine 2 lines running parallel with the rear end from side to side. The 1 line being in the middle of the rear end. And the 2 line running through the bolts that bolt the 2 upper bars to the rear end. You want the bars where they bolt up to the rear to be level with the rear end and not at a angle. To fix that you will need to make new upper bar mounts on the rear end. You should have the out most upper bar mounts being the tallest mount and the inner most upper bar mounts(the ones closet to the center of the rear end) shorter then the outer mounts. Make sense? Kind of hard to explain.

Here is a pic of my top bars. Hard to see but the upper bars are mounted level with the rear end and not at a angle.

thread post photo
bagdb2200   +1y
You might not have the funds or materials to do it now, but the best thing to do would to change to an all forward link setup. In a 50/50 link when the axle moves up and down the rear bars are pulling the axle back, and the front bars are pulling the axle forward. That might be what wore your bushings out. Also there isn't much control over the pinion angle for the same reason. While you have the bed off I'd also check your U-joints.