Page 4 of 4
Mazda 2.0L \  Jumping at lower rpms

Jumping at lower rpms

Mazda 2.0L Mazda Engine Mazda Tech
views 5131
replies 34
following 7

codywayne718   +1y
Yeah I always just say coil pack lol I Dunno why.... still didn't fix it... who knows... anyone wanna buy it?? Lol [IMG]
thread post photo
[/IMG]
codywayne718   +1y
Alright, new fuel filter, plugs, wires, distributor, rotor, cap and coil. Not only is the mis still there but it's lost all kinds of power!!! I'm thinking catalytic converter or Carb. Prolly just take it to someone and get charged a butt load to fix the dang thing. Tired of messing with it and stressing over it!
codywayne718   +1y
Or even egr problem or fuel pump if it's not mechanical, I know little to nothing about carburetors
tarbell   +1y
Definitely understand your frustration.... been there done that. Good luck with finding anyone who knows these trucks anymore. I took her to at least 6 shops and two Mazda dealerships until I finally found a dealership locally that the service manger knew these trucks from back in the day. He was the only one old enough to remember working on them and he knew the fault codes by heart and reset the ECM and told me that basically the best I could do is to start switching out parts. The best advice he could give is start with the simple stuff and work your way forward. It sounds like it could be a vacuum leak as well since you have replaced quit a bit already and I would start with replacing all of the small hoses coming out/in the carb. Then the EGR valve and lastly the computer. Very rare that the cat would cause this issue unless it was clogged then it would not idle right. I finally got mine resolved after replacing everything to find out it was the ECM/ECU. My symptoms were pretty much the same as yours. It would idle like a champ then when you put under a load it lost power and eventually die. I ended up replacing everything from the fuel pump, small hoses that go from the hard lines to the tank since I was already under there, fuel filter, cap, rotor, wires, plugs, distributor, coil, vacuum lines and even the stupid PCR valve since it was cheap. Literally the only think left was the computer and once I did that it was fixed. Not having an OBD2 and with all of the stupid vacuum lines, its pretty much what we have to do with these trucks is to swap out parts.