Page 1 of 4
Mazda 2.0L \  Jumping at lower rpms

Jumping at lower rpms

Mazda 2.0L Mazda Engine Mazda Tech
views 5129
replies 34
following 7

codywayne718   +1y
Alright, so I flushed my heater core yesterday. An when I drove the truck today it's jumping like crazy in the lower rpms on take off. Adjusted the slack out of my throttle cable on the Carb an it's still doing it, I even idled it up that way cause it feels like there's a dead spot in the throttle itself.... what could be the problem??? 87 b2000 5 speed.... only on take off, once I get going it's fine
codywayne718   +1y
Idling in any gear is fine. From there to about a quarter throttle it jumps and carries on.... past that it runs fine,,,, starting to think it's not running on all 4 cylinders....
codywayne718   +1y
It's only when under load, in neutral it's fine...
sincitylocal   +1y
Float level in the carburetor too low?
codywayne718   +1y
I don't know, it's been fine for a month and a half then all of a sudden after flushing the heater core. This same thing is posted in the 1.8 section. I messed up an put it there first. It's got a few replies over there too. I'm gonna change the fuel filter in the morning and see what that does
sincitylocal   +1y
You didn't get the distributor wet, did you?
codywayne718   +1y
Well, I'm not sure. Not saying I did an not saying I didn't..... now that I think about it there were a couple times in the past two weeks or so that it acted funny in 5th gear when pulling not so steep hills on the main highway.... like a mis or something but after that it was fine...
befarrer   +1y
Check, or replace your spark plugs and wires, and if you can, may as well put a new distributor and rotor in. Sounds like it could be jumping a spark somewhere causing a misfire. I had a GM car with a split plug boot do this, only when in drive and accelerating up until about 30MPH you had to accelerate like a granny to not cause it to misfire and shake like mad. Found it was a small crack in a plug boot arcing the spark from the boot to the block, and at low rpm under load, the spark was stronger, and strong enough to jump the gap.
codywayne718   +1y
Wasn't the fuel filter... I don't see how the inside of that distributor would have gotten wet... it's screwed on with a rubber gasket in it.... wouldn't it be doing it all the time and barley running if it were the distributor? No one around here wants to work on carburetors! It has new wires and stuff on it...
dan woodland   +1y
Hairline crack you can't see, gasket not sealing properly.