Page 2 of 3
Mazda Engine Swaps \  13B turbo swap questions

13B turbo swap questions

Mazda Engine Swaps Mazda Engine Mazda Tech
views 7865
replies 20
following 5

massivenuts   +1y
If you were going to run a s4 box then front mount it motor sits lower which will give more room for all your turbo shit up high. This will be more work with the drive shaft shortening and gearbox mount mods etc. If running the b2000 box then mid mount it?
jota69   +1y

I was thinking about using the B2600 gearbox because from what I read in other forums the internals are the same as the T2 gearbox and just have to change the bellhousing and shorten the imput shaft
Is this correct?
If not I will be using the T2 gearbox with the b2600 tail section so I can keep the shifter in the same position.

I think mid mount will be the best option, I just have to figure out how to make a crossmember to mount the engine
befarrer   +1y
I dont have any pictures of my mounts and stuff online yet. But as for using the B2600/T2 transmission, the output shaft is larger, therefore requiring a different driveshaft and rear axle. If you have a B2600, it is compatible, otherwise, a custom driveshaft, or complete retrofit to the B2600 drivetrain.
jota69   +1y

My truck is a 1991 B2600i, so should I get an rx7 bellhousing, install it on my transmission and shorten the imput shaft or just get a T2 transmission and swap the tail shaft with the b2600
massivenuts   +1y
This one is rx7 mounts with front bracket onto the original mounts with s1 gearbox, mount,sump and yoke.
thread post photo

thread post photo
slave cylinder fits with no mods.

This one is a custom front bracket with s1 mounts, sump, s4 box modified, b2000 gearbox mount slotted and modified driveshaft.
thread post photo
jota69   +1y

So I can just bolt on the RX7 mounts to my stock mounts and use the rx7 front bracket or make a custom front backet istill using RX7 mounts on my stock mounts?

I'm going to get the RX7 mounts and just modify the front bracket to fit then.
mymmeryloss   +1y
I dont have any pics of my mounts on my new phone. Lemme google search for them...

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
mymmeryloss   +1y
Heres some pics of my motivefab mounts

thread post photo

thread post photo

thread post photo

thread post photo

thread post photo

jota69   +1y

thanks for the pictures
Did you have any clearance issues with the firewall when using this mounts?
They seem to just mount up to where the removable cross member bolts to and I will be a ble to use the engine without swapping the front cover to a 12A one

Those mounts look great, too bad they don't make them anymore.
Does anyone have a set they want to get rid off?
mymmeryloss   +1y

Adam at Motivefab actually custom made these mounts to my specs since the original mounts were not intended for a bagged truck. So i had him make them so the engine sat up higher and i still didnt have any clearance issues even with my enormous body drop.

Have u tried emailing him and seeing if he would make you a set? They really are worth the money