Page 1 of 2
Mazda Engine Swaps \  91 mazda b2600i 302 swap

91 mazda b2600i 302 swap

Mazda Engine Swaps Mazda Engine Mazda Tech
views 2337
replies 15
following 3

jonnyboy303   +1y
Got a few questions about the fuel Setup. I want to go carb and I was just wondering what can I do to run the carburetor setup. Smaller fuel pump? I need some help guys thanks in advance.
b2600bomber   +1y
If you are using a tank that had a pump in it you will have to remove the pump from the sending unit and add in a piece of hard line the same length of the pump so your pickup will be in the same place. If no pump is in the tank then don't worry about that. Put and inline filter between the tank and the new electric pump and I personally recommend one after the pump also. Then swing by your local Advanced Auto Store and get one of these:

They work great for carburetor setups. Or you may be able to use the factory mechanical pump on the 302 it goes on the side of the timing cover. With the motor in the truck it will be on the driver side. Which will look like this:

The pump is upside down in the picture on the Advance site. I had to look at it for a minute to figure it out myself lol.
b2600bomber   +1y
Though I am not sure if there is room for the mechanical pump on our b's but if there is you will also have to reroute your fuel lines to the left side frame rail. But the steering column may be in the way for this so don't quote me on that haha. I would go with the Mr. Gasket pump myself and mount it on the firewall or inner fender if it was me though just my 2
jonnyboy303   +1y
Ok ill thanks man for ur input that's a lot of help lol. So if it doesn't have a pump inside where would the pump be?
b2600bomber   +1y
was it a fuel injected or carb'd truck originally?
jonnyboy303   +1y
It's fuel injected .
b2600bomber   +1y
ok so you will have the pump in the tank then
jonnyboy303   +1y
Damnit ok lol
jonnyboy303   +1y
So now what's there to do to get fuel to the carb?
b2600bomber   +1y
You will have to pull the sending unit out and remove the pump. Then replace it with a piece of hard line so your pickup will be at the same level. From there just add the electric Mr. Gasket inline on the inner fender or firewall. Don't forget to put in some filters before and after the pump. After is only a recommendation from me and I also use the see though filters after so you can see if anything is in them.