threads
Page 2 of 3
Mazda Engine Swaps \  Need Help with motor swap!!

Need Help with motor swap!!

Mazda Engine Swaps Mazda Engine Mazda Tech
views 2818
replies 20
following 8

chaserjohndoe   +1y
Wikipedia is right.
the 2600 was the Mazda.
while the 2600i was a Mitsu.
2 different engines.
2 different trans.

Still completely different to the b2200 engine and trans.
So the Kia FE3 won't bolt up to the 2600 and 2600i trans.
chaserjohndoe   +1y
up in your neck of the woods can you get crate motors from an auto parts store? That would be cheaper than doing any motor swap.
ram23   +1y
I imagine I could get one but I would like more power and torque. The little 2.6L doesn't feel powerful enough for me but I love the body style of it and love the size. My truck is my favorite for hunting because with my deck I can haul both mine and my old mans atc's plus it fits down trails most wouldn't dare.
spacemonkee23   +1y
Not sure if the minivan MPV V6 engine would bolt up to the 2600i auto trans, someone else would be able to tell you I'm sure??? Do you have any pics of your truck I would like to see it.
mymmeryloss   +1y
2600i shares same trans as 13b but with a different bellhousing so it should be super simple to mate and keep 4wd and the 2600i is already fuel injected.

Judge ito on here put a rotary into a 4x4 2600i. He has a build thread on here and rx7club.com
spacemonkee23   +1y
13B-DEI (out of a second gen RX-7) won't have a lot of torque, some where around 140ft.lbs. torque and 160hp depending on what model year you get S4 or S5. Then there is a turbo II out of a second gen single turbo around 180 on both torque and hp... but you could go 13B-REW (3rd gen RX-7) twin turbo *drool* that would be a nice "boost" in power somewhere around 200-225 torque and 250hp stock.

Any route you take with rotary will be a performance increase in HP but non-turbo will feel sluggish off the line and at low end speeds, rotary's like to cruise around 3500 rpm thats where the torque power band is strongest (stock). It has been years since I had my T4 turbo FC convertible and I miss the crap out of it, but my dad still sports his 450whp FD that thing is a monster!
mymmeryloss   +1y
I would suggest going with a naturally aspirated 13b from a FC rx7. The turbo manifold on the TII comes out right on the frame rail unless you raise the engine and trans.
ram23   +1y
Thanks mymemoryloss and spacemonkee23. My motor and truck seems to be running and acting normal again. Thanks again, all this info I will be filing away
crazycracker   +1y

I think that's backwards, the B2600 is carb'd and that one is the Mitsu, the B2600i (I for Injected) is the EFI Mazda motor. Right?
anguswilly   +1y

Correct:

B2600i = Mazda EFI motor

B2600 = Mitsu junk