Page 2 of 2
Mazda Engine Swaps \  406 c.I. sbc swap

406 c.I. sbc swap

Mazda Engine Swaps Mazda Engine Mazda Tech
views 6469
replies 16
following 5

jordan   +1y
I'm not sure stock manifolds fit, I just ordered some summit block huggers which should solve my problems. If those won't fit ile have to get turbo manifolds with thr outlet facing up and get real creative with exhaust routing. What did you end up doing for a driveahaft? Did u keep the 2 piece mazda design? How do you like it so far? How do you plan on getting any traction
jc50942   +1y

Mine only had a one piece driveshaft ...but i just had a new one made from scratch. As far as traction, i dont really want any...i built mine to be a drifter so it works out perfect for me.
oo7bob   +1y
"not trying to hijack this thread...but did you have your headers made or did you find some that would work...ive just got the stock manifolds right now and really would like to switch to headers once i get the new built motor\"

the headers are clipster style from speedway motors.
if you look at that first pic, you can see that i had to heat them up and tweak them.
they do not just fit, close, but they rub the frame rails at the collector flange.
block hugger style will work easiest.
jc50942   +1y
i like the sound of the long tube headers better...not really looking for easy..just didnt want to make my own. Ill definately check those out.
jordan   +1y
Quick question, does the speedo run off the tranny or rearend? If its off tranny how do people run the speedo after a swap?
jc50942   +1y

i guess that is a good question. Mine isnt a daily driver so i never bothered trying to hook it up. I think most guys probally just get aftermarket gauges
jc50942   +1y

I know this is old...but were did you get your coilovers...i need to stiffin up the front of mine.