Page 1 of 7
Mazda Engine Swaps \  89 b2200 se-5 w/fe-dohc

89 b2200 se-5 w/fe-dohc

Mazda Engine Swaps Mazda Engine Mazda Tech
views 16161
replies 68
following 5

lysol86   +1y
Alright. Time has come because i cant leave anything alone and cant fix anything without upgrading. So here it is.

I bought an 89 b2200 se5 about two weeks ago. Exterior is awesome aside from faded paint. Interior is awesome as well. The engine
dropped90(justin)   +1y
The more detailed about this you can be the better man. There is so much info on this swap but so much stuff is left out and unknown. Sounds right up my alley. Just the simple basic swap using stock components.

-Justin
lysol86   +1y
Right. Ive found a little here and a little there etc. Most of it using megasquirt or some other standalone type system or turbo etc. I built a 240sx with an rb20det skyline swap awhile back using all factory components with exception of my intercooler. Im going for a clean factory look using as many factory parts as i can and keeping it as low budget as possible and covering it all in a writeup at the end. Although other threads are helpful not everyone cam do a standalone and afford a turbo setup or do a bunch of custom fab work. I want to make an "everyone can do it" thread with parts etc from the local salvage yards and classifieds etc. I hope it will all be informitive and helpfull. I sure dont mind any advice/tips/help thrown my way either. It is much welcomed
lysol86   +1y
Just a little update. Just picked up a 95 sportage exh mani as they are tubular vs cast as are the newer ones. Still trying to locate another b harness. Soon as i find that i can wire it up and then the games will begin.
teambgr90   +1y
Looking at doing this swap myself. I have found a 2001 Kia that's wrecked. I can pick up the engine, harness, and ecu for 500.00. It's an automatic so I still have to come up with the flywheel for the standard. Right now I'm most concerned with wiring the electric fuel pump and wiring in the ecu. Does anyone have more info on how to do this? The truck is a 92.
v8xcab   +1y
Get you a Hayne's manual for both vehicles and compare wiring colors for one component at a time...
lysol86   +1y
Just a quick update. My engine etc are out. I have everything wired to the best of my knowledge. Today i removed the shims from my upper control arms to help correct a little of my camber. An i should be dropping it in this sunday or tuesday weather permitting. About the wiring its really not that bad. I picked up a harness and fuse box for the kia as it requires more fuses and relays. I have a diagram for the fuse/relay box that was provided to me by a member of mazdatruckin forum. I then signed up to the kia global site and downloaded the ecu pinnout for the kia. From there i used my multi meter to go thru and fugure out what was what and what i needed and didnt. Then i figured out what i needed to wire to what in the new fuse box as some wires go multiple places but are jumped inside the harness. Then i put it back together and loomed and taped it. Now all i have to do is install it on my engine and put it in. After its in i will connect to the fuse box where needed. Not sure where i will be locating the new box yet but shouldnt be that bad. Then its just the fuel pump and lines and im ready to roll. I will also be running an safc2 as i want to be able to moniter and adjust things somewhat. Wouldnt be needed though. I have been taking pics along the way and have been documenting everything. Soon as it fires i will do a complete write up with pics. Till then i will update
teambgr90   +1y
Awesome. Can't wait to see more on this. Just purchased the Kia for my swap today. Stil have to find the manual flywheel, and then we're off.
dropped90(justin)   +1y
Sounds great man. will be watching

-Justin
lysol86   +1y
Wired in my safc 2 tonight. Thought id go ahead an post a couple pics of where i am so far. Unfortunately its raining pretty hard so i wont be able to get on it till it clears. Probably be clear in a couple days though.

Truck when i got it before touching it
thread post photo

thread post photo

Right after installing tach
thread post photo

Safc2 installed
thread post photo

thread post photo

Completed wiring harness
thread post photo

New fuse box
thread post photo