Page 1 of 3
Mazda Engine Swaps \  Intercooled supercharged 3.8L

Intercooled supercharged 3.8L

Mazda Engine Swaps Mazda Engine Mazda Tech
views 2843
replies 28
following 13

cdrcustoms1   +1y
So here it is, I just traded an 87 B2200 and its slow! Then I stumbled on a great deal on an INtercooled supercharged 3.8L from an 89 supercoupe, I actually bought the whole car. So I was gonna save it for a Ranger, but changed my mind and thought it would be a great swap for the Mazda. Something a little different I will post up pics so keep posted! I will be using the 5sp that was in the car, the complete engine management system, fuel system, true dual exhaust, underdrive pulley for the supercharger, and I'm not sure if I'm gonna use the stock intercooler or bumper style intercooler. If anyone is interested I'm sure I could duplicate my mounts and how I did it.
90-b22dawg [andrew]   +1y
how did you end up posting this 3 different times?
cdrcustoms1   +1y
You got me? Might be cause I did it from my phone?
idminitrucker (jason)   +1y
I had one but didnt want to mess with the FI at the time so I put a carbed 302 in instead. sold the whole top end of the motor on ebay for over a grand and the block went into the scrap bin at work. Kinda regret selling it but oh well. its a cool little motor and fast. I have a pic some where of it mocked up inplace i will see if i can find it.
harris1   +1y
yea i'm interested and would love for u you to document everything u do! as many pics as possible!!!
thanks man
suicide   +1y
yea iam gonna have to agree with harris1 ^^^

i have been thinking about this swap because my buddy did it to his mazda a few years back before he sold it.
plumbous blimp   +1y
it would certainly be different, but for only 210hp and 315lb/ft (12psi), you could probably find a better engine.
suicide   +1y
yea but those engines are everywhere and you can get them for hella cheap. at least i can around here. it would be way different as well.
cdrcustoms1   +1y
Here is the new powerplant
cdrcustoms1   +1y
Here is the new motor