Page 1 of 2
Mazda Engine Swaps \  5.9L Cummings in my B2200

5.9L Cummings in my B2200

Mazda Engine Swaps Mazda Engine Mazda Tech
views 2821
replies 14
following 10

89slammed   +1y
ok guys so ive been really thinkin about motor swaps for my truck and i seen one of these in a ranger so i figured i could make it work in my b so let me Kno what u guys think
immortal1 (linn)   +1y
WOW! Now that would be fun! With what I know about that motor and the go fast goodies available for it you might have to do some serious frame reinforcing! (and rear axel, link bars, drive shaft, and anything else that would be effected by 1,000# of torque).
h2omelon(nick)   +1y
You would probably be better off swapping in a 4bt instead of a 6bt. You can still make some serious power with a 4bt plus you won't need to cut your firewall out. The cost of a 4bt is also less. Just something to think about. Also may want to check this thread 6.5 gm diesels are a lot cheaper and still make good power.
suicide   +1y
you would definitly have to reinforce the chassis otherwise the torque will twist and bend the frame like nothing. can you post a link to the thread with ranger with the motor in it.

on the other hand that swap would be hella sick. do it
91b2200(cody)   +1y
i say go for it !
sleepyspeed   +1y
I'm with Nick 4bt would be much easy to do, plus they still have gods plenty of power for a mazda

here is a link to a swap forum with lots of info
89slammed   +1y
heres the ranger i saw with the 5.9 in it
89slammed   +1y
i think i might go with the 4bt and then i can put some stacks in my bed god i love coal burners what would be the best trans to put behind the 4bt
paparoach1983   +1y
lol stock
h2omelon(nick)   +1y

A nv3500 or nv4500 5 speed