Some one make us a v8 swap kit

Mazda Engine Swaps Mazda Engine Mazda Tech
views 9259
replies 24
following 19

dzminiz   +1y
mmmmm V8
v8xcab   +1y
I have an 86 B2000 that I'm putting a 351W and T-5 in. I need help with motor mounts. Transmission bolted straight up. Used most of stock truck wiring, MSD and getting custom driveshaft made but most conquer mount issues. Any info welcomed!
carzngirlz247   +1y
Yea, this winter I think I am going to a SBC, Ive done v8 to bigger v8, and 4cyl to bigger /boosted 4cyl swaps, but never a 4cyl to a 8cyl, the other forum had some more info posted I believe, can anybody tell me where I can get that info again? -Dan
elbine69   +1y
this might help
v8mazda4ever   +1y
over the winter I will be building a few kits so if you want one give me a pm and number so we can talk.
mazdamn   +1y
woohoooo i can hear the grumble now....

I was going to go with the v8 swap as well, UltimateCustoms.Ca was down before '05. I called the number 5 times a day for almost 2 years hoping they would be back in business....So glad I decided to go with the t-tiny rotary. The mounts and all took less than an hour to make. Tranny x-member was moved, and reused, and the engine mounts were as well, just moved and rewelded. Easy as cake. OF COURSE I wont smack the ground as hard as I would with a V8 tho.

Good luck guys.
all22s   +1y
i have an extra mazda parts truck laying around now. i'll start looking into it. i'll see about building a kit for sb chevy engines as well as a kit for 302's, and maybe a 3.8 v6 buick engine... i have a free month coming up with nothing better to do. so i will let you guys know how its progressing.
mazda2guy   +1y
awesome really isnt that hard, i have a 302 sittin in my compartment just havent figured out the motor mounts and the trans mount, and i need a aod instead of a aode i have part of the drive shaft from the grand marguis that i got the motor from to add to my original drive shaft. let us know how it goes
marco   +1y

What motor did you use? 12A ? 13B c ? 13B fi ?

Ive tossed the idea of doing a swap as soon as i have a little more cash.
I like the rotary swap because its much smaller and relatively easy to work with.
Regarless i wount ever need more then 200-300 RWHP so i dont justify the need of a SBC or 351/302 (altho the torque and sound is damn nice)
If i could affor it a 20B would be awesome.

Anyone have a writeup on a rotary swap?
v8xcab   +1y
I had to come back to let you guys know that I did indeed conquer my mount issues. I did end up using the stock mazda location with Ford Mustang convertible mounts. Also would like you check out the 302 swap questions thread for pics of a more completed project!!!