threads
Page 2 of 2
Mazda Interior \  door opens sometimes wont others...

door opens sometimes wont others...

Mazda Interior Mazda Tech
views 6497
replies 14
following 8

Cusser   +1y
OK, first the little horseshoe clip that holds the window crank must come off. I use a little hook tool or a tiny screwdriver after pushing the panel "in" around it. Then just pull the winder crank off.

The two screws that are on the underside of the door pull/armrest must come off as well.

Then, start at the bottom, and there is a series of maybe a dozen or more clips that hold the panel in place. I use a door panel tool, available for about $7, so the door panel is less likely to break. Go all the way around, you'll see/feel clipsmaybe every five inches.

After that, pull the panel slightly towards you and up to remove the entire panel.
funkyrob   +1y
Seems that O'Reilly or Autozone stores don't carry the parts.

So yesterday, I finally made a trip to my local Pick-N-Pull. They had 5 beat to hell Mazda pickups to choose from.

A couple already had the door locks removed, but I was able to get one off after a little struggle of figuring out all little plastic clip things that hold all the rods together inside the door.

When I got back home and took my door latch out, sure enough it was the broken spring causing my issue.
dan woodland   +1y
Next time be sure to get all the little clips and such too - shown in ABE's February 27th post.. You WILL need them in the future.

I take all I can find so I have a couple sets on hand for me and send the rest to needy B owners. As you found out no one stocks/makes these parts any longer.

Dan
imrjbitch   +1y
do you guys know if any other spring would work on it? cuz mine jus broke today and im kind in need of a new one asap and i wouldnt wanna wait on shipping. unless someone has one up here and i dont find one around here.
sincitylocal   +1y
You could run up to a local hardware store and see if they have a generic selection of springs.