threads
Page 1 of 2
Mazda Interior \  Forgive my stupidity.....tilt steering???

Forgive my stupidity.....tilt steering???

Mazda Interior Mazda Tech
views 2225
replies 17
following 14

lowrado   +1y
so i cant remember on my 91 if it had tilt steering or not but my 90 doesnt.....so my question is was there an option for tilt steering in the early 90's models? If so anyone know where i can find a tilt column?

Thanks
91extcab   +1y
Cortnye's 87 has a tilt column, but my 91 nor my 89 had the tilt column option... So tilt is possible, it would just be a matter of harvesting the parts off a donor and installing them on your truck
mazdizzle   +1y
It's easy to do all you need is the column the rest of the parts switch over from the old one.
dat dood   +1y
You know, I've heard of these but my 87 base model nor my 88 LX had them. I just assumed it was an option that came around later. Now I gotta go find one...
91extcab   +1y
Cortnye's 87 b2000 lx has power steering, tilt steering, cruise control, all the chrome, chrome rear bumper, and came with tow package either from dealer or as a factory option... We got her truck from the original owner
dat dood   +1y

Yeah, that's what I love about my LX. It's got cruise, PS, and all. But not tilt.
dropped90(justin)   +1y
My truck came with all the bells and wistles and chrome and all that jazz but no tilt wheel. I have driven one with a tilt wheel and it is so nice.

-Justin
mazdawg(mikey)   +1y
i swapped mine out for tilt. gives me plenty of nut room for the bodydrop
91extcab   +1y
your also a big guy mikey... you need the nut room! lol
teaspoon   +1y
O.o Then I guess the lady wanted everything when she bought Blair back in the day.