Page 1 of 1
Mazda Interior \  1988 B2200 Shifter loose

1988 B2200 Shifter loose

Mazda Interior Mazda Tech
views 1165
replies 5
following 3

bandolero   +1y
Sloppy shifter that got worse, searched on line for the bushings and it's either Thailand for $12.99 or Atkins for $60., does anybody has a link for a reasonable price US seller?, thx.
ssvashon5   +1y
Curious how you resolved this as my 91 automatic stick shifter is loose. Did you find bushings?
geterdun   +1y
One choice is pull the shifter out, disassemble it. Carry the two mating parts down to a bearing supply house, that will measure the i..d., o.d. and length you need and sell them to you. If not close enough to a place, get a pair of dial caliphers, measure the i.d. and o.d. of the parts where the bushing go plus the length, search internet for this size bushing. Example "bushing .625 x .562 x 1/2" long".
echo7bravo   +1y
Slightly off topic I have a manual shift with the plastic bushing on the bottom of the shifter. With all my Mazda 5-speed vehicles in the past I have had trend of that plastic bushing wearing out quickly and developing a great bit of play in the shifter. Has anyone seen or heard of someone machining a metal bushing that will hold up over time?
Page 1 of 1