threads
Page 2 of 2
Mazda Exterior \  help needed asap job interview on the line.

help needed asap job interview on the line.

Mazda Exterior Mazda Tech
views 1683
replies 18
following 5

xxchromeghostxx   +1y

Thanks for the advice cusser taking this and will use it fully
xxchromeghostxx   +1y
Okay one more ? Lol, ive finally gotten rotors off an one side together. Now i have yet to bleed anything just got caliper bracket on amd new pads on. The new caliper was a pain in the ass to get on over the new rotor caliper combo, is this normal? The rotor wont spin with the new caliper on. Just wanna ask before i goany further thanks.
vajr86   +1y
It can be snug yes. You can use a c clamp to move the piston right open to make it easier to put on.
xxchromeghostxx   +1y
I got it on, just making sure i didnt go to far an have something wrong lol its just rather snug but guess bleeding will fix that?
baha   +1y
You need to push the piston of the caliper in more, your rotor should be able to spin without the brakes being applied. A C clamp as mentioned will do the trick.
Cusser   +1y
I have the little tool for this, was under $10.
xxchromeghostxx   +1y
Well lil update, first off interview went good in my book but was told others with more experience have been.interviewed. i told them well 8 years ago.i couldnt wire a heating and air thermostat in but now i can wire and install a whole system. He had this wtf look lol.

Bad part, im going back monday to return a caliper. The bleeder screw hole was stripped? From my guess. The bleeder screw itself is good. Without the circular part it goes thru, it will snug just fine into the caliper, with the circular piece added i can take my fingers get it to the point of stopping. Then bam it just spins to that point again. Now i used the same screw on opposite caliper and lo n behold it worked just fine. Thats how i got to the guesstimation of a stripped caliper hole.

Sooo interview today, monday bringin in busted parta for exchange lmao.
Cusser   +1y
I just installed an O'Reilly rebuilt caliper into my B2200, very straightforward job. My caliper was leaking a little, but pads were not wet.
xxchromeghostxx   +1y

Yeah its very easy the whole process was, my first time doing rotors this way. But i enjoyed the experience, headaxhes and knuckle aches all lol. Just got that one in a few thats busted in one way or another. My luck lol, but mondays another day.