threads
Page 1 of 2
Mazda Exterior \  help needed asap job interview on the line.

help needed asap job interview on the line.

Mazda Exterior Mazda Tech
views 1674
replies 18
following 5

xxchromeghostxx   +1y
Okay, ive been beatin knuckles on my brake refurbish all day. Im down to the rotors, changing them for new ones. I have removed all six bolts on the backside connecting it to the hub. But it wont budge off. I have beat on the rotor all around to no avail, with the studs facing me. I have soaked it in pb blaster but still no movement. Any and all tips except that it needs taken to a shop would be very much appreciated.

I have an interview at oreilly's in the morning at 11. Ill be watching this all night and if you could help i would gratefull come thru my mazda family lol.
xxchromeghostxx   +1y
It is off the spindle.. just looked at a writeup suppose i F'ed up taking it off before cracking it off the hub.... but still advice lol.
vajr86   +1y
i would just keep soaking the rotor where it meets the hub. try spinning it and hitting it. also try hitting it like your putting it back on, its prob rusted really good. im no mechanic and could be wrong but thats what i would try.
xxchromeghostxx   +1y
Yeah id say its rusted really bad. Getting up early in the am. Gonna put the hub on my rim and poke a sturdy piece metal.through and hammer its balls off lol.

On putting the new rotor on it should just drop on and let the bolts snug it to the hub? I plan on taking an electric dril lwith a wire brush at the end to it to clean the hub up. Then do a coat of rust preventive paint or would the paint affect it to much?

And would this work? Just kinda agitated just moved to maine an cant afford to flub this interview
Post was last edited on Apr 04, 2014 12:04. This post has been edited 1 times.
vajr86   +1y
I would clean it. And prob leave it or a tiny layer of grease. No paint. It will make her stick good. But ya put it on your rim. Put wood down so your rim don't touch ground if it's a nice rim and hammer away. Don't miss. Lol
xxchromeghostxx   +1y

Thanks ill add a lil of the grease from the tub i got to re pack my bearings, the grease on the inside if the hub is kinda gunky (maine shitty winters) so gonna clean it out and slap a good amount back.inside can to much be used? Or just make sure its got a nice thick coating in there around the bearings after repacking them.

And its not that nice of a rim but i was thinking of leaning it at an angle against the wall. Or would on the ground be better just curious.
vajr86   +1y
The ground would be more stable. Leaning will let it wobble. And a very light layer of grease where the rotor touches the hub. You don't want a lot as when your breaks heat up the grease will get runny and go onto your rotor. Even rub it on and wipe it off lightly. As for re packing bearings get as much in there as possible I would imagine.
xxchromeghostxx   +1y
Thanks for the info. Ill update tomorrowwith pics of why this was a refurbish well needed lol.
emjay   +1y
I'd put the bolts connecting the hub and rotor together partially, then heat the rotor with a torch. Next smack the hub/rotor bolts with a hammer in a star pattern. The rotor should eventually come loose.
Cusser   +1y

Concentrate on this, get a ride from a friend, call a cab, ride a bike, whatever. Don't be late.

Many folks can be trained for any job: it's your personality and willingness to learn and go the extra mile that gets the job.

Tell them you're like Dana Andrews, from the end of 1946 Best Picture "Best Years of Our Lives", a pilot home from WW2 and needed a job/career, and asked for a job at the airplane wrecking yard. The supervisor asked him if he had any experience and he replied that he didn't know how to fly a US bomber 3 years ago, but he said he could learn and he did. He got the job.