Page 2 of 2
Mazda Exterior \  Removing driver side front fender

Removing driver side front fender

Mazda Exterior Mazda Tech
views 2004
replies 19
following 6

xxchromeghostxx   +1y
Ah heck, that aint that far from me at all, prob just a couple hours drive. once i get my tranny issues ( clutch, slave cylinder and master cylinder )replaced i can go on an extended trip, but right now i'm kinda stuck on the backroads lol.
charlesskelter   +1y
Fayetville is on the Eastern side of the state, definitely more than a couple hour drive.

The pin you're worried about on the fender is only used to help align it, it will not keep you from removing the fender. It's a 10 minute job to remove it and Lsumazdarider gave you the position of every bolt. No need to remove the door.
xxchromeghostxx   +1y
Yes, the only bolt i missed was under the wiper cowl, and i'm only 6-8 hours from the nc coast traveled it many times on 40, fayetville i'm literally a stones throw away from the nc border myself. and i'm waiting on my windshield to be installed right now. and i'm going to look at it again.
xxchromeghostxx   +1y
How do you remove the wiper blades to get the cowl off, and where is the second bolt at in the door jamb? i have the one at the very top , then the alignment rivet in the middle, but i can't seem to find any other bolts there.
mymmeryloss   +1y

Remove the nut and pull them off :what:
xxchromeghostxx   +1y
Well, i got as far as the nut and trying to pull them off, but they will not budge at all, i wasn't sure if they may had a carter pin or not. don't wanna pull to hard i'm notorious for breaking stuff that way.
dan woodland   +1y

One of the bolts has a locator pin on the backside that acts like a molly fastener. I believe it's the lower one next to the door, if memory serves. I simply put tension on that one as I loosened it.

Dan
mymmeryloss   +1y

Pull them off the glass so there is no spring tension on them. Then pull them off
xxchromeghostxx   +1y

I had them straight up and down in the air ( as far as they will go atleast ) and pulled up and jerked on them a few times, i'm not a small guy and i was straining pretty hard and couldn't even budge them off, i'd had my windshield replaced recently and the guy that had done it before just knocked on them a couple times and they popped right off, but i can't even budge them now lol.
thermus   +1y
There is a centering stud with a hidden nut. You have to pull the fender away from the front of the truck, look on the backside of the fender against the door side. There is a nut there right in the middle from top to bottom. Hope that helps.

Sent from my SPH-L900 using Tapatalk 4