threads
Page 3 of 15
Mazda Projects \  My project - new pics pg 10 7/22/15!

My project - new pics pg 10 7/22/15!

Mazda Projects
views 25342
replies 144
following 29

mazdadropped   +1y
i understand what you mean , i always choose the cheapest shipping cost which of course takes the longest but then im like wtf why are my parts here yet ahah i should be getting a order from suicide doors monday then i can start my driveshaft crossmember , then do the back half from there
elbine69   +1y
Not much of an update, but I got some of the bumpstops and such cut off the frontend to get ready for the bags. Also got my new upper control arm mounts made. New pics tomorrow or Thursday probably.
elbine69   +1y
New upper mount on, old crap cut off. I forgot how much fun it was to cut the stock brackets off
thread post photo
elbine69   +1y
Got the drivers side all cleaned up and the new upper mount on last night.
I just drew up some upper bag brackets, gotta send them to my buddy and hes going to cut them out on the waterjet at work. Hopefully will have the front end basically completed by the middle of next week.
elbine69   +1y
Made a lot of progress on the passenger side in the last few days. The front is set up for re-7's and will easily lay out on a 25.5" tire. Just need the bag brackets and I can start welding everything up. Started on the drivers side tonight, I need to figure out how to get out the bolt the for the lower control arm that's rusted solid into the bushing. On with the pics:
thread post photo

thread post photo

thread post photo
skrapinsask   +1y
RE7's up front impressive!
i have a set of those sitting besides me for my rear bars and they are HUGE
elbine69   +1y
Yeah they are big bags. I decided to go with 7's because I wanted to be sure that I was going to be able to clear the tires since its going to be body dropped.
dropped90(justin)   +1y
why the new upper mount nick?

-justin
elbine69   +1y
I'm not a fan of how the stock upper mount looks and I wanted to move the mounting point up 1 inch.

Yesterday, after struggling for an hour and a half with a rusted lower control arm bolt, I got the drivers side all cut out. Just need to get the piece for the bag notch trimmed and tacked into place. Also found out that my 4 link is shipping today, so hopefully it wont take too long to get here. Fro told me he can cut my bag brackets monday, so im hoping to have the bags mounted by the middle of next week.
elbine69   +1y
I just found out that the demonstration day for our projects is April 30th. Looks like Ive got a busy couple weeks ahead.