threads
Page 2 of 15
Mazda Projects \  My project - new pics pg 10 7/22/15!

My project - new pics pg 10 7/22/15!

Mazda Projects
views 25355
replies 144
following 29

oldspice213   +1y
thats gonna be sweet to say you actually built your frame it looks good man
elbine69   +1y
Ordered this...

Hopefully will be here next week. Still need to get some 1.5" tubing for the body mounts. Still thinking about what bags to get. I originally wanted slams, but am considering dominators. Ive used slam bags before, but never used any airlift bags. Anyone have any input on the slams vs dominators?
dogfather   +1y
do you have to buy all the stuff or does your tuition cover it
dropped90(justin)   +1y
we have talked about this build many of nights. im glad to finally see it comin together. congrats man.

-justin
elbine69   +1y
I have to buy it. I wish the tuition covered it that would be sweet.

Thanks justin. Hopefully its sweet when its done.
sierrax   +1y
Are you going to get the front part of the frame blasted and sealed?
immortal1 (linn)   +1y

Would be interesting to see what you come up with for the Stress / Stain / weld sizing calcs (assuming I could understand it ). I know most of us use the partially proven method of "make it thick, weld it solid, and hope it holds" method so it's kinda refreshing to hear someone putting forth some real engineering / science into there build.
elbine69   +1y

Thanks Linn. It definitely gives some peace of mind knowing that everything is strong enough for the job, and theoretically shouldn't give any problems down the road. I'm also comparing what Ive built to the stock frame as part of the project. I'll post up the comparison and my other calcs once I get them all typed up(Not looking forward to typing them all). Here's a few numbers for ya, based on A500 2x3x.25" steel tubing and the overall weight of the truck plus 1000 lbs. The numbers are based on just one frame rail, and do not take into account any crossmembers or additional bracing.

Max shear stress=389psi
Max bending stress=2700psi
Max deformation(located in middle of the frame)=.0877"
chitobeach   +1y
Looks Good!
elbine69   +1y
Waiting for parts sucks. Hopefully my 4 link will be here today...