Page 2 of 3
Mazda Audio \  Newer style dash - Left hand drive

Newer style dash - Left hand drive

Mazda Audio Mazda Tech
views 2346
replies 22
following 8

mymmeryloss   +1y

I paid $300 to get a steering box from australia. A dash and fenders and hood and grill would probably be well over a grand.
anguswilly   +1y
I would only send it by sea, I am guessing you sent it by air for $300, I got a LSD diff from hong kong a while back and shipping by air was about $150

Australia is almost 2X farther than the Philippines, but I do know that a whole car from Japan is about $800

Shipping by sea cannot exceed $300-500 (and that would be a crate with 2-3 dashes in it).

I am trying to find out the cost of parts, which might be high over there - the trucks go for $5500 US - I was thinking about a whole 4 door truck, but that is steep for one of those - I might as well buy an explorer sport trac!

If I can get a dash and door panels for, say - $500 shipped, that would probably be acceptable, I really like the look of it.
mymmeryloss   +1y
The shippers that ship vehicles have a special rate. Have you ever tried shipping a vehicle in the states or even freighting an engine or something? Its ridiculously expensive just from state to state. You have to be a business that has a special rate to make it worth your while. So if u can find a business in aus or nz to send u one that would be the only way to get it "cheap"
anguswilly   +1y
Yes, you are talking about the difference between shipping a car over land (which I have) and shipping by sea (which is one of the cheapest forms of shipping).

I have shipped a car across the country in and enclosed semi (2500) and I have shipped one by rail (800) I have also seen the shipping receipt for many cars from Japan if driven on a ship (800) and for shipping a full size container from China (2200) its about the same price for a container of 4 cars from Japan, and you can put 4 cars and a ton of parts in there.

I am hoping a crate from Philippines will be what I am thinking but who knows, I will find out.
mymmeryloss   +1y
Well if u get a whole container or find good parts at a decent price lemme know. I would love a courier front end conversion
dan woodland   +1y
Shipping cars varies wildly, I paid $600 to ship my GTO from Florida to Ohio - it would have been $900 to ship enclosed. I didn't use enclosed because the weather was nice, early July. My shipper was highly rated and I found them through a broker not the inter-web. I read all sorts of horror stories trying to "arrange" your own shipper.

I bet your parts will be about the cost of shipping... shipping via sea container is not cost prohibitive especially if you have contacts and ship a "large" box/container.

I have both trucks, the Mazda and Ranger, they are nothing alike and those dashes are NOT direct bolt-in.
mymmeryloss   +1y

I just had a truck shipped from Texas to Colorado on an open transport and it was $750.
anguswilly   +1y
Definitely shipping is all over the place, especially when you are talking over land in the USA.

But sea is a different story and I will find out if I have enough interest to put at least a crate together, a big crate will cost almost the same as a small package - you are dealing with handling charges more than the actual shipping cost. I have seen many containers which are only 1/2 full and they still shipped them.
bow2nc   +1y
I'd be interested in buying one of these dashes.
scotch   +1y
It's a nice looking dash but the truck looses some of it's "Old-Schooliness."

Is that a word?