Page 2 of 2
Mazda Audio \  cd player wiring

cd player wiring

Mazda Audio Mazda Tech
views 1838
replies 19
following 4

fdugn545   +1y
Every after market head unit I've ever installed has had almost the same exact wiring. 12v constant, 12v ign, ground, and
fdugn545   +1y
Here's what I used to do my wiring

thread post photo

Essentially all you need is the accessory and battery wire along with ground then if you have an amp it hooks to the remote on wire and the rest is just speaker wires. Does your wiring colors March those in the pic?
rjl1203   +1y
its all the same, minus a ground wire. its the first ive seen like that. installed several other cd players with no issues(in fact most of my friends/family come to me to install theirs), but they all had ground wires. i dont like that this one doesnt have that. but aside from that its a VERY good one. pictures may clear it up, and ill get them up first thing in the morning.
fdugn545   +1y
That's weird what if you aren't running an antenna? Speaking of which any1 got any ideas on where I could run one? Mine is removed and the mount is shaved... Sorry for the thread jack
whoisbabyjay   +1y
whenever i get older truck or car at the stereo shop ill usually use my test light to find a constant fuse and ignition fuse on the interior fuse panel, just tag a wire into each fuse (try a 20 amp fuse and up, shouldnt pop in the future) and run it up the dash for your 12v and ignition wires so that way its less complicating/less work changing a fuse and also easier to test which one popped if it does somehow go out again. dont worry about the illumination wires, they arent necessary and sometimes can cause problems. i cap those off every radio that comes in. and the ground, just keep getting off the antenna
whoisbabyjay   +1y

the ones at my work are cheaply made, but im pretty sure you can find a good windshield antenna online somewhere like sonic electronix. just sticks right on the windshield then run the cable through the headliner, down the pillar and into the dash
fdugn545   +1y
i

Thanks man I figured as such but would it work to run it under the bed sides or any other panel I like the smooth look of mine.
I live in an area where radio signal is great. If not I'll just keep using radio apps on my phone.
rjl1203   +1y
with this radio, no antenna=no radio. it simply wont turn on without it. like i said, i hate that bc the antenna wire is already short and i have to recess the cd player so it stays in place, and i dont even use the damn thing. but oh well, cant commplain about a free one and aside from that drawback its the best one ive ever had. not into the whole dvd/cd player flat screen thing.

no worries abt the thread jack, as i wanna get rid of my antenna(on the fender) too.if the windshield antenna will ground my radio properly thats something ill be looking into in the near future.
Cusser   +1y
If it "really needs an antenna", just get a short one and leave the whole she-bang inside/under the dash. Maybe the stereo senses something is kaput without the antenna plugged in.

I can't see where a "stick-on" antenna is going to "help" grounding though.
rjl1203   +1y
heres the cd player. was gonna take it out and take a picture of the harness, but i had to drive to athens. didnt get back till after dark. maybe someone will recognize it and know what model it is tho.