Page 1 of 2
Mazda Audio \  Heater Issues, HELP

Heater Issues, HELP

Mazda Audio Mazda Tech
views 2122
replies 15
following 7

madmazda   +1y
Ok, Ever since i had my Fuel pump replaced, my heater hasnt worked properly, and its kinda getting cold here (ontario). It seem that it blows alot of cold air out the passenger side under the dash, and i stuck my hand up into where the air was coming out of and put my finger into a little plastic turbine, (dont ask) and my controls on the top (that go side to side) to make it come out of different places, (windshield, vents, floor, etc.) doesnt work, hot air only comes out of the 2 center vents and it comes out really slow, but does preduce hot air after a few mins or so, Does anyone know what this could be caused by? All help would be appreicated, Cause its getting pretty damn COLD here
mark   +1y
first of, is your fan working at all? when you turn the fan/blower switch on, does any type of air come out in any of the vents?
madmazda   +1y
When i turn the top Circle? Yes, But it only comes out in 1 spot, which is Under the dash on the passenger side, and its only cold air. the slider bar that changes everything from under the dash/floor to vents to windshield doesnt seem to work, im not sure what the problem is.
drpdmazda   +1y

theres a metal cable on the back of the slide part your talking about it is held in place by a thin metal clip and a screw, sounds like it broke off or came loose, i had the same problem, i replaced that part and it worked fine, if that isnt it your heater core may be shot
midnightmike   +1y

ummmmm IM CONFUSED! lol
mark   +1y
thats a really wierd problem man lol

ill get back to u if i think of somethin
madmazda   +1y
Thanks drpdmazda.

Did take much to confuse you eh Mike, Lol...

Thanks mark, All Help is Useful, times a ticking, and its getting Cold. lol
low87dawg   +1y
rip it all out then move to texas i have no ac no vent no heater core no nothin who needs them??
mark   +1y
well some ppl dont like smelling rank when they come into work
madmazda   +1y
And some people dont wanna FREEZE there ass' in the middle of December with 8ft of Snow!