Page 1 of 2
Mazda Audio \  subwoofer ques?

subwoofer ques?

Mazda Audio Mazda Tech
views 2342
replies 15
following 8

richl73   +1y
What subwoofer works best in small boxes? building a subwoofer box and need to know what "brand" subwoofer works good in small boxes ~thanks
delawaredime   +1y
kicker solobaric are good in small boxes..
drpdmazda   +1y

yes definatley i have a kicker solobarick 8" in my daily driver blazer and in my girls daily driver explorer, with the right amp you would never know they were 8's i have one of them in a sealed 1 cubic foot box and it sounds awesome, the tens are good too, mike is selling two of them for a great price in the for sale section

bagged89mazda is his sn i believe correct me if im wrong marty
richl73   +1y
cool thanks
low87dawg   +1y
solobarics kick ass as long as u got enough power to them and comp cvr's are nice too but id go with a L7 8 or 10
miked   +1y
the l5 an l7 line work best in a ported box.
imo any older woofer from mtx works good in a small box.. i currently have 2 10's sealed in my s10 regcab, lost no seat clicks.
drpdmazda   +1y

very true about the L series kicker subs, but i have an L7 8" in a sealed box and you would be amazed at how awesome it sounds
2fine89   +1y
JL Audio - awesome bass from small boxes. I'd reccomend the 8w6 - but they don't make them anymore - so if ya got the $$$$ then 8w7 is frikkin awesome. The 8w6 needs just .33 ft of air space per sub. I have 3 in a 1.1 box behind the seat in my reg cab.
miked   +1y
also have to take into affect the mounting depth needed.
slammedmini469   +1y
saw this box on Cardomain.....he has 2 10's, 2 6x9's, and 2 4" in it, each have their own air space. its in a body dropped mazda with 92 integra seats....