Page 1 of 2
Mazda Audio \  Anybody recarpet before?

Anybody recarpet before?

Mazda Audio Mazda Tech
views 3272
replies 16
following 9

thetornado   +1y
Once i find my new seats and do a center console im going to be putting in a new carpet. So can you buy just really thin carpet and mold it to the floor?
Or do you really need to buy it allready molded? I saw on US Autoparts that they sell a molded carpet in all kinds of colors for $150. check it out:

it says it for an extended cab, but looks like a standard cab.
so has anyone recarpeted before?
madaz75   +1y
I have a carpet sitting in the shed for mine..

But unfortunatly to say I bought one of those Pre-Moulded jobbies
and mine isn't an Extended Cab or Crew/Dual Cab
thetornado   +1y
where you get it at, and for how much?
mullet   +1y
i'm going to wait until after i body drop to put carpet in my truck.. cause its just a waste of money to do it now.. and need it to be 4 inches widder in a couple months
mike
madaz75   +1y

I got mine from a place here in Australia..
here's a link if you like: Knox Auto Carpets
(prices quoted on site are in $AUS.. {approx $1 Aus = $0.72 US}

maybe they can ship to you, or you'll just have to search around some more.

Reminder.. Us Aussies refer to a 'Truck' as a "Ute"
mullet   +1y
btw that is for a cab plus.. u can tell by the holes cut out for the front seats. There is also a place in AZ that will make your carpet for you and will make it wide for your body dropped truck.. i will get the name and linky for you guys.
truckwillscrape   +1y
my carpet is in the back of my truck drying out cause i took it out and power washed it prob not what your supposed to do but its alot cleaner and its looks alot better than before but i'm gonna do my doors in tweed and prob my dash not sure yet still thinkin
nicennasty   +1y
if you want to do your own molded carpet,

Get the desired fabric, and lay it on the floor of the truck once the interiors been removed.
Sshape it to the contours of the interior and with "chalk" out line the edges from where the fold reaches the corner..
Take it insie and stich it up, following the lines u've traced.
thetornado   +1y
i dont really want to do any kind of special fabric. really just want to stick to something durable like carpet.
luke   +1y
I have done it a couple of times. pretty easy. spendy though.