Page 1 of 2
Mazda Exterior \  Aftermarket Headlights

Aftermarket Headlights

Mazda Exterior Mazda Tech
views 1775
replies 12
following 7

korifay   +1y
Hey Everyone i know there are probably a ton of threads about this already, but does anyone have any recommendations for after market headlights on a 1987 b2000? I have been looking at these,
from octane lighting for my orange truck but am really unsure if this is a good brand or not.
Cusser   +1y
Actually, I've never seen or read about aftermarket headlights for these. Those appear to be halogens with small LEDs imbedded.

You do know that the front grille needs to come off to R&R the headlights, right? About 17 Phillips screws.

My youngest is named Kori.
korifay   +1y
Ha that's cool, very rarely do I meet others with the same name/spelling. and yeah I know, I am putting a new grille on anyway so i figured it would be a good time to change the headlights too.
dan woodland   +1y
Eh, if you have a long phillips head screw driver with a good head (sharp edges on the screw driver head) and the screws are not rusted in place you can change a headlight without removing the grill. Actually, you only have to remove two screws on the top of the headlight bezel, pull it out slightly and install the new one.

I'd suggest spraying with some penetrant before attempting to remove the headlight bezel screws - it's worked for me. Or if you have an impact driver, not a impact gun, that can help if they are rusted in place.

befarrer   +1y
From what I have heard, most aftermarket headlights have worse light output over stock, most are not DOT approved, and just shine light wherever, and not directing the light beam down onto the road. I have a set of Bosch H4 lights in my truck that I bought off of Kijiji locally, and they look like stock (have the diffused glass lens), are DOT approved, except I have better light output over stock, and I have a flat cut off line of light when I pull up to a wall with the headlights on low beam. They take a H4 replaceable bulb.
korifay   +1y
Thank you very much, that is what i was concerned about, the lights right now are so dim compared to other lights and I liked the looks of these new ones. I just didn't want to go through the trouble of purchasing them if it turns out they would be worse than mine now
alittlelow   +1y
Here is the set i got off ebay
post photo
korifay   +1y
Thanks alittlelow, i really like those, are you happy with them? I am so hesitant about buying from ebay for some reason
mymmeryloss   +1y
I say upgrade to Ranger headlights
alittlelow   +1y
They r pretty bright and i like them