Page 2 of 2
Mazda Exterior \  Little project idea starting tomorrow, tailgate

Little project idea starting tomorrow, tailgate

Mazda Exterior Mazda Tech
views 2104
replies 11
following 3

spacemonkee23   +1y
Sounds like a good plan, as far as the wiring goes I would find another B at the junk yard and take all the wiring and bulb connectors, the wiring with the pigtail connector. Take all that off the factory B light so you can use the wiring from that and still be able to plug and unplug at your factory harness. Good luck. Don't forget the pics!
xxchromeghostxx   +1y
O i will have plenty of pics, if the rain holds off i should start my cutting on the spare gate tomorrow, and go pick up atleast one set o lights tomorrow as well.

Side note, i called 4 junk yards within about 1 1/2 hour drive that are legitimate fair salvage places, and no one has a B of any model except 98+ so eh, but i know a craigslist posting i used before to get a full transmission, radiator ad my current tailgate, he had 2 b's parting out, iof i could snatch the bulbs and a little of the wiring from that if he has them i will try, if not i may just try running one set of lights and see how that works, i'm going to try and get the bulbs from the caddy as well ( and right down the make/model ) somewhere for bulb replacements, try get atleast 1 foot of wire from the caddy taillight harness. my pops has been an electrician for the past 10 years for a VA medical center, so i'm gonna have him help me run the wires to the lights themselves so i know it's done right lol.

Either way 2 or 1 set of lights i think it will be wicked, will look off for a while until i get some sheet metal to cover the brake lights current spot. But i may hold of doing the install until i have this not sure about that yet.