Page 1 of 2
Mazda Exterior \  Bed Removal

Bed Removal

Mazda Exterior Mazda Tech
views 9823
replies 18
following 11

solsurf_808   +1y
Wassup Everybody. Just found this forum and it's pretty sweet. I did a search but couldn't find any info on the bed removal for an 91 B2200 extended cab. It looks like the gas tank is going to be a pain. Any pics, tips for me. I gotta swap it out with another bed. Thanks.
90-b22dawg [andrew]   +1y
all you need to do it unscrew the gas filler neck.... remove the lights and wires that clip onto the bed under it at the rear.... also there are 6 bolts holding the bed down.... one at the front of the wheel well, one near the back of the wheel well, and one at the back of the bed close to where the bumper bolts to the frame. also your going to need 2 people or and engine hoist and some straps to pick it up. weights around 120lbs or so
thebeaumartin   +1y
its easy man you can do it
outkastdawg   +1y
yeah you can do it
toddluck   +1y
very simple bro and welcome to the scene
outkastdawg   +1y
yeah if beau can do it anybody can
kaoss   +1y
The bed bolts are 17mm. If you only have 2 people, take the tailgate off, it will help a little with the wieght.
shilaeli huggr (burdaddy)   +1y
YOU CAN DO IT!
thread post photo
hex0rz   +1y
WD40 those bolts up! They are probably rusted good! If you have an impact gun, that will help rattle it loose. GO easy on them though.

I don't think the bed is that light! Try around 200lbs..
shilaeli huggr (burdaddy)   +1y
yeah mine was pretty heavy and its got big rust holes in the floor! since them bolts are old they will be a pain. i bent an extension tryin to take mine out by hand. no air tools in my garage. most of 'em broke too.