threads
Page 2 of 2
Mazda Exterior \  Anybody know how to make clear tail lenses?

Anybody know how to make clear tail lenses?

Mazda Exterior Mazda Tech
views 2777
replies 15
following 8

thetornado   +1y
so now that we have a couple people who know how to do it, you guys ready to start up our own first part made by MazdaBScene??? i will back the money if somone wants to make them?
disciple   +1y
if some one is going to make clear lenses i would love a set
mazdawgydawg   +1y
anyone makeing them ill buy a set!! hell Unlimited Kustoms will even sell them.
thetornado   +1y
whos Unlimited Kustoms?
vidraggin   +1y
Ill have to look into this further. I might have to do a lil research into how to get a mould.
sierrax   +1y
Mould making in small quantity's is not worth it. Unless you have a product that is low cost and high retail. Especially with plastic which should be injected but doesn't have to be. Once you have made your mould like it was outlined above, its not as easy as just pounding them out. After each taillight is formed (with heat or whatever) is has to be cleaned. Some of the release agents can take 4 hours to work. So with 1 mould you could only make 3 sets a day. To do it for cheap, but it may take you longer, try making an positive mould out of hard wood. Heat up your plexy/lexan/whatever an lay it over the wood. Let it cool and trim the edges, crack the outter lense off a stock set and put them' together. It may make a few sets for you and your friends.