threads
Page 1 of 2
Mazda Exterior \  Anybody know how to make clear tail lenses?

Anybody know how to make clear tail lenses?

Mazda Exterior Mazda Tech
views 2776
replies 15
following 8

thetornado   +1y
I think it was on SSM sometime last year some guy said he was going to make a mold to make the the clear lenses. Anybody remeber this?
It would be pretty sweet to get those back into some kind of production, im sure it would be a great business venture if someone had the resources...
grantkustoms   +1y
shave em
mullet   +1y
ha.. thats what i'm sayin
thetornado   +1y
come on boys...thats not question here.
wondering what would go into actually putting something like this back into poduction...
mullet   +1y
you would need a mold and the acrylic crap they make them out of w/ no tint
mazdawg9178   +1y
i made a set for my sunfir ewhen i had it. tried for the maz but tired of it quikly and goin for a swap
thetornado   +1y
so is it hard to do? and how much did you spend making a set?
mullet   +1y
well.. if you can make a mold of your lenses.. and then try to find the acrilic plastic (NO IDEA where u are gonna find that).. but put it in the mold and either bake or let dry depending on what kinda stuff u got.. and then grind the corners and edges down and put on.
vidraggin   +1y
Im thinking the idea of this woldnt be that hard, but you would need to be good at making molds for things. You would have to take a mold of the inner and outer sides of the lens, then figure out how far apart they needed to be spaced when finished, then get the stuff they make the lenses out of and pour it into the mold. I figure the plastic or whatever comes clear by default and the manufacturer adds the amber and red and whatever other colors to the mix to get the separation.
mullet   +1y
you are exactly right