Page 1 of 3
Mazda Lowering Static \  bump stop mounts

bump stop mounts

Mazda Lowering Static Mazda Suspension Mazda Tech
views 3754
replies 23
following 5

imrjbitch   +1y
not really sure if this has been addressed yet or not vecause i have found any other threads answering exactly what i need answered. anyways, i've lowered my 91 2.2 by reindexing 3 splines and removed bumpstops up front and 4 in blocks in the back with the overload pulled. im still working on it because i want to get the overload back in and lower it. but up front, i have about an inch clearance between lca and bumo stop mount and i was wondering what is a good idea when it comes to this? me personally, i love the fact that im tucking but i hate the loud thuds that come with every bump in the road and the bouncyness. help me please? like do i cut the mounts? if so, how? shorter shocks? lca? drop spindles? i want less bouncyness. thanks in advance!

(signature is not of the recent look. ha)
fdugn545   +1y
Well I'll tell u like I was told... U can remove the bumpstop mounts and u should look into early 90s Izusu pup 4x4 front shocks. But in doing so u will have more suspension travel so the ride will improve but depending on what tire/rim combo u have u might find yourself catching tire on the inner(or outer) fenders when u hit bumps and that's no bueno. I too had this very same issue this is the clearance I
I was banging that mount into the lca on every little bump so I raised it back up about an inch. I'm still running worn out stock shocks but when I get some cash flow again I'm getting pup shocks and cutting my bumpstops mounts out as well

Sent from GS2 on Tapatalk
imrjbitch   +1y
thanks for the quick reply man! but yea! thats basically the amount of clearance i have as well! im tryna figure out if people use grinders or whatever to get them off. but ill be sure to check out the shocks you mentioned! thanks again!
fdugn545   +1y
No problem man I needed tons of help when I first joined this site I figure I need to put what I know to good use and help out (kinda pay my dues and shit! Plus I think it's positive truck karma) I'm gonna use an angle grinder whenever I remove mine...

imrjbitch   +1y
so i was looking on the napa website for possible shocks and i was wondering how do i decide which one is best? idk, im so new to this. lol

here are a couple i found
isuzu pup

i jus searched shock for 91 b2200 and checked the interchange box
fdugn545   +1y
I still say go with pup shocks I've had several people recommend them to me.

imrjbitch   +1y
its basically the same pattern as a b22? so if i get it, itll go right in?
mazdafvr   +1y
i hear they bolt in just like ours no mods. theyr just a different length to compensate for lowering
imrjbitch   +1y
ooohh ok. thanks again!

another question, how do drop spindles and lower control arms help with ride height and quality? and are they preferred?

im tryna stay static.
fdugn545   +1y
Lca's and spindles are both a better option than re indexing torsions but they cost money... Quite a bit if money... From what I have seen the lowering lca looks like stock but it's been cut and welded with the ball joint end higher. I believe that they bolt on with no mods... The drop spindles on the other hand I think u need to flip the ball joints or something like that... Idk for sure though...