threads
Page 2 of 2
Mazda Lowering Static \  Question about axle flip!

Question about axle flip!

Mazda Lowering Static Mazda Suspension Mazda Tech
views 2934
replies 15
following 7

midnite   +1y
i live in South Dakota, and yes i am lowering a 4x4
here is a pic with just torsion cranked and the axle flipped, still waiting on finding an axle flip kit so itll be safe on the road.
thread post photo
v8xcab   +1y
If I were you, I'd jus get a 2wd rearend...You'll get better gearing and it'll bolt in and lower easily...Much easier than cutting and rewelding and so on...Less to worry about messing up...And idk if you're still wanting to use 4x4 or not but I'd say to reindex your bars more up front and get to hackin at bumpstops and get smaller shocks...if you're not using 4x4 then yank axles in front too
midnite   +1y
well i PLAN on keeping and using the 4x4, just for traction purposes lolz, meaning i CANT switch to a 2wd drive rear end, the gearing wont match between the front and the back. and i am already cranked to the point that i am riding ON full bump stops, due to it being a 4x4 the bump stops are WAAAAAY lower then on the 2wd. i plan on hacking those up and moving them in the next couple weeks or so if i can find a reasonably priced axle flip kit.
mattclark08   +1y
pretty cool to see a lowered operational 4x4. more pics when ya work on it man
Puffdaddy   +1y
How did you get on with this? I've just got a 4x4 b2600i and I'm going to be doing the same