threads
Page 1 of 2
Mazda Lowering Static \  Question about axle flip!

Question about axle flip!

Mazda Lowering Static Mazda Suspension Mazda Tech
views 2919
replies 15
following 7

midnite   +1y
So my trucks axle was located under the leaf springs. If i was to relocate the axle on top of the leaf springs is there anyway to make sure that the axle does not rotate on the leaf spring under pressure and mess up my driveshaft angle? The axle has a box type bracket setup welded to the top of the axle with a bolt welded in place to go through the wholes in the leaf springs. Would relocating my axle to the top mess up where the axle is SUPPOSED to sit on the leaf spring? Should the axle still sit directly above the wholes? or just a lil behind it? I am debating just cutting the box type bracket of the top and welding it on the bottom? anyone know if that would work?
mazdaman82   +1y
yes and no..for one what kind of truck are you working on? and just puting the axle over will deff have it move on you,you will need to ether cut and reweld like you said or get a axle flip kit that has a new bracket in it that works with the axle locater plate( the box bracket you said) it also has a new pin hole for the axle pin to set in
baha   +1y
Yeah get a flip kit, they are only around 50 bucks and would prevent your axle from rotating. They are designed to keep the proper drive shaft angle and if needed you can add shims.What year is your truck? I'm guessing 94 and up.
baha   +1y
modplant.com has them
midnite   +1y
@mazdaman82 yeah thats what i thought! just wanted to make sure

@baha alright thats NOT TOOO bad on price...lolz...uhm actually no my truck is a 93 b2600i. yes i know like 99.99% are already axle over leaf. well mine is NOT...lolz...im just gonna say that to keep it simple!! lolz.. i checked modplant.com couldnt find anything. or is it part of the 3/4 djm drop kit?

so over all do i have to move the axle farther back on the leaf spring to keep the angle correct?
baha   +1y
No you won't be moving it forward or backward on the leaf springs, the flip kit basically just flips it directly over the axle. It will use the same locator pin. I thought I saw it on that site I'll try to find it, you can also get them at your local auto parts store I believe.
mazdaman82   +1y
is ur truck a 4x4 didnt think they did that to the 2wds... thats weird..cool
midnite   +1y
@mazdaman82 lolz yes my truck is a 4x4, all 2wd to my knowledge are already axle over leaf.

@baha alrightz, that is what i thought but i wasnt for sure figured id check and re-evaluate my assumption
mazdaman82   +1y
right.. so you are lowering a 4x4?....where you live at by the way
paparoach1983   +1y
i think he is talking about a 4x4. got any pics of the truck??