Page 2 of 3
Exterior \  rodeo conv.

rodeo conv.

Exterior Isuzu Tech
views 2439
replies 27
following 9

isuzueh   +1y
here man i went out a took a quck snap of mine there are three wires just wire them right up to your existing wires

lowzone1   +1y

it depended on where your truck was assembled. if it was a US built 4S Vin it had the the holes from 91-95. if it was a JAA Vin, it didnt no matter the year. there were a few odd balls that had them but rare. The reason the 4S Vins had them was that the rodeos were assembled in the US (4S... VIN) and the pups used the same rad support, one part cut costs down. as West said, just drill holes OR use self tappers...no spacer should be needed....did you cut an access hole for the adjuster on the outer side of the headlights???? that might be hitting the rad support causing it not to bolt on properly.
Wire can be a bitch, since its not straight forward, high low and ground. the wiring what i did was put spade connectors on each set off the 9004 plug and left the stock seal beam headlight plug there. just kept switching the wires around till it worked properly. you get feedback thru the switch and headlights, one high will work, the other will be dim, same with the low beam. ive done atleast a dozen of these swaps and the wiring is not straight plug and play. Its just the way the wiring is set up and the grounding system....
93zuzu89   +1y
i'll check my vin to see if it is the "4S". i hope so. less work. haha. i wanna go ahead and throw these bad boys on but i don't have the grille yet so it'd be kinda stupid lookin for a while.
aaskelvis   +1y
YOU GOTTA DRILL NEW HOLES IN THE CORE SUPPORT FOR THE HEAD LIGHTS, RE DO THE WIREING---- ITS EASY.
eatinpavement   +1y
if it is 4s vin they will bolt right up. the wiring isnt bad
93zuzu89   +1y
another question: i checked and i do have a 4S vin and i looked at the wires goin to my headlight and there are 5 separate wires goin into the clip where the bulb is and there's 3 on the rodeo clip. i'm stumped. what are the extra 2 wires to?
93zuzu89   +1y
is there a ground wire to both the low and highbeams? and a separate ground?
93zuzu89   +1y
thread bump
93zuzu89   +1y
bump. please guys i need an answer! lol
93zuzu89   +1y
finally got the front end done this past week. i'll post pics later. you guys said a truck with a VIN that started with 4S wouldn't have to have holes drilled but i guess i have some freak truck haha, because i had to drill holes in mine.