threads
Page 2 of 2
Mazda Lowering Static \  Anybody have Toxic Drop Shocks?

Anybody have Toxic Drop Shocks?

Mazda Lowering Static Mazda Suspension Mazda Tech
views 5716
replies 15
following 10

nytrdr24   +1y
got to doing some work on the truck this last weekend, & looks like i'm gonna have to relocate my rear shocks, they interfere with where the fuel cell is gonna get mounted.... looks like i'll be makin some custom brackets
to mount them to the round tube frame crossmember just in front of the rear axle, and to the rear axle near the leaf springs.
madmazda   +1y
My cousin bought some for His s10 blazer...never installed, i wonder if they'd fit me truck?
mark   +1y
i used to run them in front, but now i have 70's C10 shocks in front. the toxics i had were for a 98+ ranger with a 4/5 drop. the C10 shocks are 2inches shorter.

the C10 shocks actually work better since my ride height is at the shock's mid-travel point. so i am getting the best result, compared to my toxics which were about 2/3 of the way down at my ride height. I set it up that way beause i did not want to lose lift by setting up the shock at midpoint, and then the shock tops out before i reach full lift.

the toxics are really stiff shocks. the c10 shocks i have are Monroes, and they are so much better. To me better means a softer ride. For the bagged guys, since their fenders are all cut out , we dont really bottom out, so in my case, i like a softer ride so i got some monroes. But if stiff is what you like (oooweee) then go with some toxics.
thetornado   +1y
so can you can get the monroes just from a monroes store, or did you order them from somewhere?
how much did they run you?
thetornado   +1y
...well i ordered everything over the weekend.
4- Toxic Drop Shocks 2" drop for the front, 4" drop for the rear
4" Lowering Block Kit

with shipping everything was around $142. cant complain and its going to be here tomorrow allready!
i wont have time this weekend to put everything on, but come next week, ill be riding much lower and hopefully smoother.
Chris719   +1y
Mark did you use shock adapter for 70s c10 shocks?