Page 1 of 5
Mazda Lowering Static \  4-link?3-link?2-link? need some help

4-link?3-link?2-link? need some help

Mazda Lowering Static Mazda Suspension Mazda Tech
views 6608
replies 41
following 10

mpenner49   +1y
Ok i know when you lower with bags in the back you have to change suspension around. I have seen 4 links, 3 links and stuff but I am still confussed about them. whats a 2 link what are all of these? Are they kinda like a Ladder bar for lifted trucks? why do you need these? just someone please help em and explain these better to me!!!

PLEASE
mullet   +1y
they are pretty much bars that hold your axel in place. Because you won't have leaf springs any more, you need something not only to keep the axel attatched but also centered. Your options are a 2 link with a pan hard bar.. the pan hard is a bar that connects to one of the links.. and the opposite side frame rail. The 3 link is used to do crazy dogleggs and side to side.. great on mazdas because we have carrier bearings and not likely to mess up the tranny by doing this. 4 links are most common.. come in many shapes and sizes.. most defenatly the best and proven design for integrity and all around performance. you have options to go forward or reverse.. meaning which direction the bars go from the axel.. towads the cab (forward) is the best!!!! Altho some people go reverse.. its not the strongest and smartest choice.. imo. this is kinda vauge but hope it helps.
Mike
mark   +1y
and yea a 2link is similar to a ladder bar setup

with exeption that a simple 2 link, u cannot adjust the pinion...you can adjust the pinion on a ladder bar

prety much a 2link is a straight bar that goes from the mounting point and bolted straight onto the axle via u-bolts

the ladder bar setup goes from the mointing point as 1peice, then on the other end, separates into 2 peice that connects to tabs mounted on top of the axle and underneath the axle...therefore letting you adjust your pinion accordingly

this is a ladder bar

triangulater 4link

and this is a wishbone 3link
mark   +1y
and here is a 3link with panhard..not wishbone
mazm   +1y
i am either going to 2 or 4 link my truck
mpenner49   +1y
So which set up is the best? Do you use leaf springs with each of them? Are they easy to install? Expensive? Can you make them or need to buy them? Any diagrams or intructions if you can make them? Which is the easieiest to do? please help!!!
laiedmazda87   +1y
no u get rid of your leaf springs thats why u got to have link bars to hold the rear end and left it pivit up and down without bindin up anything
mullet   +1y
There is no best or worst.. its all personal oppinions and experience.. i plan to run a parallel 4 link w/ a watts link. that way there is NO pinnion change when i lift or lower or whatever.
Mike
blare   +1y
wha wha whaaaa? customparts u got a bolt on mazda 4 link???this i would like to see
mark   +1y
ya parrallel links are good, very good

but for simplicity, 2links are good....triangulated 4links are pretty simple too