Page 3 of 4
General Discussion \  Could somebody explain the trim packages? LX / SE5

Could somebody explain the trim packages? LX / SE5

General Discussion
views 14313
replies 33
following 19

nytrdr24   +1y

Crusty...lol I didn't know 30 ish was old enough to be called crusty....I guess compared to some of the young whipper snappers on here we could be considered crusty haha!!
hocbj23   +1y
Damnum.If 30 is crusty, I got more crust than a basket of fried chicken at a church social.Lol.BJ
pimpz26   +1y
Is there any place in the truck that tell you what trim package you have? Door jamb stickers, decode the vin, ect? This topic has me wanting to find out what I have.
hocbj23   +1y
if u have original paint and trim,that will tell u.No stripe package + base truck.Se-5 stripes= se5.the le trucks had stripes that went from front to rear with a small le-5 at the very end of the rear fender.If u have chrome around the front window and rain gutters,it probably is an le unless someone has stripped the black paint off an se-5.otherwise u need a build sheet or the original window sticker to know.I am fortunate to have both the build sheet and the invoice so its a no brainer.bj
v8mazda4ever   +1y
I will have pics up tomorrow but in cids extra cab truck and this is the only one I have seen it has over the shoulder belts for the riders in the back and his has all the toys to and I belive his is not a se5 or an lx.
crazymikey   +1y
my grandpa's 92 SE5 ext cab has the rear shoulder belts. I remember those being a PITA when I was little and always stuffed in the back.

My grandpas 92 SE5 cab plus has PS,ABS,14" alloys, SE5 package, black "sport" mirrors, 3 spoke steering wheel, am/fm radio, fuel injection, black bumpers and grille and black door handles but chrome tailgate handle.
snoplow   +1y
my 91 is a le 5. P/S, PB, delay wipers, full tach, full door panel, chrome gutters, ext chrome handles all the way around, am/fm cass, full carpet, bench, full rear window, plastic panels all the way on the rear corners, rear cab wall carpet, chrome rims, chrome bumper, shit handle pass side.
plumbous blimp   +1y
hey Hoc, where did you source the headlight wipers? Up here in Canada the lights always get crusted with salt in the winter and bugs in the summer, they'd be great.
immortal1 (linn)   +1y

LOL - if that statement doesn't fit me I don't know what would. Bought my 1990 SE-5 brand new with only 6 miles on the clock. I don't recal all the details of the original truck but I do remember it had door panels that went all the way to the window. It had the gourgeous "elephant" ear exterior mirrors - black of course. I had a cloth bench seat, intemittent wipers, and a am/fm cassette radio. It did not originally have a back bumper - just the little rubber caps. Best I can remember.
hocbj23   +1y
re the headlite washers.Off Ebay.what it is is a bigger bottle with 2 small motors,one for the windshield and one for the lites.Im using nozzles from a MX6 mounted in the headlite surround.work ok. haVE THEM WIRED INTO THE W/S WASHER SWITCH SO THEY COME ON AT THE SAME TIME.tHE 86-87 eURO TRUCKS HAD A SEP.SWITCH BUT i CANT FIND ONE.bj