Page 2 of 4
General Discussion \  Could somebody explain the trim packages? LX / SE5

Could somebody explain the trim packages? LX / SE5

General Discussion
views 14256
replies 33
following 19

hocbj23   +1y
Bump.Forgot air.Dealer installed option on all trim levels.
hocbj23   +1y
Bumpety-bip-bang.Full console standard on LE/LX,option on the SE-5 ,NA on the base truck.
crazymikey   +1y
lol Hoc, then my 89 SE5 (Kermit) doesnt match any of those descriptions! Base model is the closest thing it comes to matching. I had the SE5 stripes, had delay wipers,carpet, chrome tailgate handle, no back wall carpet,and had a rear bumper.

Seems like every time anybody tries to describe the trim levels, it seems like Mazda just threw together whatever they wanted lol.
hocbj23   +1y
yeah, u r right Mikey.Other thing is these trucks by now may have had 3-4-5 owners and the only 2 on here that havent had multiple owners are mine and NYTRDs.I think his and mine are both LE's that came pretty well equipped.Every new owner has had the opportunity to add his or her touches so it really is hard to tell.I have a little Maz factory publication that lists trim levels and options so that was what I was using.Also,different owners could have their trucks built the way they wanted so by now who the Hell knows how they came.Plus Maz is bad about just grabbing pieces and throwing them on trucks willy-nilly.Lol.BJ
jmzcustomz (jeff)   +1y
Hoc I am soo glad you stuck around...you have like infinite mazda knowledge...
mazdawg(mikey)   +1y
i heart hoc
badchicn (rick)   +1y
Me too.

Oh yeah, I am also crusty enough to have bought my SE-5 new. I just have changed so much on it , I don't remember what was stock.
plumbous blimp   +1y
i think there was one lower trim level, poverty model, which mine is.
-rear wheel ABS (which is useless)
-black B pillar
-two spoke steering wheel
-no A/C
-manual steering and tranny
-no tach in cluster
-2 speakers
-vinyl bench seat
-vinyl on all panels
-black mirrors, door handles, grille, bumper
- no rear bumper (great for the winter when someone rear ends you, it happened to me and costed $1400, but insurance covered it)
-fm radio, no cassette
-ugly purple vinyl zigzag sticker on bed side
but that's not to say i don't enjoy it.
hocbj23   +1y
Thanks,jmz.I hang around,just dont post much anymore.Ive owned Maz since 1975 ( a REPU that I wish I still had.) so most of what I know comes from having/fixing one for the last 27 years or so.Lots of guys here know much more about modding one than I do>Cant wait for NYTRDR to get his running so I can go down there and see that engine of his.
hocbj23   +1y
Poverty model LOL-thats priceless.I know everybody on here bitches about the ABS and I guess most of the time it is useless,but it actuslly saved my arse one time.I topped a hill going out of my neighborhood and the tother side was black ice.I put the brakes on gently ,the ABS lite came on and I could actually feel the pedal pulsing as it shifted braking from one wheel to another.stopped my arse before I slid out into a busy intersection.so I guess when (and if) it works it is useful to have it.BJ