threads
Back To Page - Tennessee Wheel and Tire
Page 3 of 5
Tennessee Wheel and Tire \  A few trucks we installed wheels on this week...

A few trucks we installed wheels on this week...

Tennessee Wheel and Tire
views 15241
replies 41
following 14

luv2xclr8   +1y
Weather keeps changing Daily, but I'm
scheduled off and coming up anyways!
lockone   +1y
We just have rain down here.
luv2xclr8   +1y
Snow is a maybe Monday, but I'm still coming !!!
dropped fullsize   +1y
Very nice. I like the look. Can't wait to get my dually up here. Waiting on some wheels now.
robs96   +1y
Lock,

Since you are the wheel and tire guru around here, I have a stock 1996 Chevy Crew Cab Dually, would I be able to run some 22" with the stock ride height without any turning problems? How well do the 22" rims that I would be able to fit with tires handle speedbumps and potholes? How much tire would I be able to wrap around the rims to make it work on my truck?

Sorry for the barrage of questions. Just wanting to see my options as I fill my list of future purchases. Gotta love tax time!
luv2xclr8   +1y
Lil Bro and I are eaving out @ 6:30

Going to fill her up with Gas

Stop by Bass Pro Shops

Eating lunch at TooT's

Meet Trevor around 1pm
(New 19" Rims & Rubbers)

Then on to visit/meet Eric
at Little Shop of Horrors!
(I e-mailed about coming)

Back home around 6:30
jitteryguy   +1y
dang ! that '87 is hot !
lockone   +1y
Robs96, You will be able to put 22s on your truck at stock height without any problems. You can put up to a 45 series 22 on them without any modifications. The tires hold up just like any other tire on a truck or SUV, they will handle potholes and bumps to a certain extent.

Jitteryguy, Glad you are enjoying the truck. Are you back in the Stan?
robs96   +1y
Thanks Lock, so if I was to look into those Townasty wheels I would be able to rock them completely stock height and width? Then I will have the wheels done and then I can play with lift kits. A whole different realm!
lockone   +1y
You can run the regular Classic style wheel instead of the Townasty style wheel. The Townasty style wheels main function is to allow the wheels to tuck underneath the fenders on lowered or truck with air ride. Also with the offset on the Townasty wheel, you will not be able run wide tires because they will hit the inner tires. So if you are going to lift the truck the Townasty wheels would not be the best choice.