Page 2 of 5
General Discussion \  1991 mazda b2200 3.0v6 swap

1991 mazda b2200 3.0v6 swap

General Discussion
views 15317
replies 42
following 10

fdugn545   +1y

Why not just grind the area behind them and snug them back a little bit?
ward5kustomz   +1y

go ahead man the 3.0 is pretty reliable. just watch the engine temp
paparoach1983   +1y
Cool but a 3 row aluminum read with two fans should keep it cool
un4givn85   +1y
so what does a swap like this cost roughly.
including the donor vehicle and anything else that needs done.
ward5kustomz   +1y

well you have to find a ford vehicle that has the engine and trans. the aerostar was an old van that my mom had i practically grew up in the thing. we had put a new engine in it trans had just been rebuilt. we were gonna run it till the wheels fell off of it. 3 months after it was put in a woman pulled out in front of her. caved in the whole front end of it. just luckily it stopped short of the w/p. the engine was about 2500 brand new complete long block. i bought the truck for 400. i basically had everything there to do the swap. it was mainly finding the time to do it. i had to take out both sides of the wiring harness sit down with a battery and the key switch and figure out what i needed to keep for the electronics to work. the best route would be to find an aerostar or other rwd vehicle. that runs but you can get for 200to500 and go from there you will need to keep the wires for the VSS to make the locking torque converter and overdrive work. or find the old enough model i think its an 88 the has a mechanical OD.my donor vehicle was a 92. keep the slide yoke from the trans so you can mate it up to the mazda rear.
ward5kustomz   +1y

where can i get a 3 row at?
paparoach1983   +1y
I got mine here in tacoma wa for 500 from performance shop
ward5kustomz   +1y
ok so the ugly screwed up hood is now gone. YAY! anyone got pics of the battery relocated? wanting to dress it up under the hood a little. it shouldnt be no problem. i got plenty of 2/0 gauge cable.i just wana build a dry compartment to put the battery in but have like a trap door to access it.
ward5kustomz   +1y
what up? been busy on the mazda. got more pics.
hood

tell it here but i washed it up and cleaned the wheels

i used some fuel line to run the speaker wire and the mirror lights thru
thread post photo
ward5kustomz   +1y
coming out of the door going into the cab
thread post photo

here they are ran inside i put some black silicone on the outside to keep it dry on the inside
thread post photo

a few night shots with lights. you can get a better look at the wheels now
thread post photo

thread post photo