Page 1 of 5
General Discussion \  1991 mazda b2200 3.0v6 swap

1991 mazda b2200 3.0v6 swap

General Discussion
views 15303
replies 42
following 10

ward5kustomz   +1y

its a really simple swap. the only thing i had to do to the engine mounts was move them in 3/8 inch on both sides. and build a x-member for the trans. i have often wondered how the duratec v6 and a 5 speed would do. gues ill do that sawp when i build my buggy using a b2k cab plus.
ward5kustomz   +1y

thanks i used a 12 inch torqflo fan from AutoZone. and the 10 i got out of a junkyard. both are about 2.5 to 3 inch thick. hadnt really measured them.
ward5kustomz   +1y
i figured that while the grass was getting cut that id take a few pics of my 3 trucks. well here they are
thread post photo

thread post photo

thread post photo

tell me what ya think
ward5kustomz   +1y
i have found some 15's for the truck just got to bore out the center. gona try to get the front and backside bored out so i can use the factory mazda centercaps. any way the wheels are for a jeep wagoneer. the lug pattern is a 6 on5.5. they stick out a little further that the factory wheels
thread post photo
kovz   +1y
Why not grind off the tabs on the hub instead of bore out the wheels?
91extcab   +1y
He won't be able to use the mazda center caps if he just grinds off the tabs instead of boring the wheels out...
ward5kustomz   +1y
The v6 is pretty stout. Looking into installing shocks on the hood so i dont have to have the rod to prop the hood open. looking into new and different ideas to make a one of a kind ride. the ugly hood is going to leave as soon as i get another hood done right. The reason why i cut the hood is because i had to get a bunch of heat away from the engine. it does run cooler. im still in the experimental phases with it. In the process of the research i found that the factory differential is a 4.08. the vehicle i swapped the engine and trans from had a 3.73. looking for a diff that is geared a little higher. im not going to be pulling anything real heavy. I might be able to get around the issue with bigger tires
ward5kustomz   +1y
i picked up a set of 16's today. just got to find the tires for em.
thread post photo

here they are mounted. the center caps fit perfectly. gona get new chrome caps and chrome lug nuts. tire i wanna use 215/65/r16.wana use a General alitmax HP. im really liking the tread pattern
ward5kustomz   +1y
im thinking about ditching the ranger headlights yea they look good i just dont like how far they stick out
paparoach1983   +1y
I thought about switching my v8 to a v6 I may copy this.